SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
Last updated on August 15th, 2017 at 09:43 pm
College of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities Masters Excellence Scholarships
The University of Leicester is inviting applications for College of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities Masters Excellence Scholarships starting in the 2017-18 academic year. UK/EU students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
University of Leicester’s objective is to be a world-class research-intensive university and deliver teaching and facilitate learning of the highest quality.
The University was founded as Leicestershire and Rutland University College in 1921. The site for the university was donated by a local textile manufacturer, Thomas Fielding Johnson, in order to create a living memorial for those who lost their lives in First World War.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue master degree programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to the College of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities.
Scholarship Award: Each scholarship provides a full fee waiver.
Number of Scholarships: Four scholarships are available, each providing a full fee waiver.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- A good second class undergraduate degree or an equivalent overseas qualification*
- Standard English language requirements
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of the overall strength of the application – including consideration of previous academic attainment, relevant experience, references, and the personal statement
- Available to new UK/EU applicants only
- Available for full- or part-time campus based study (subject to availability)
- Students must be able to start in the 2017-18 academic year
* or show evidence of achieving this before the start of the master’s degree
Nationality: UK/EU students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: A good second class undergraduate degree or an equivalent overseas qualification.
English language Requirements: Applicants must meet the English language requirements.
How to Apply: Apply for a course within the College of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities and supply the relevant supporting documents for your application including – two references (including at least one academic reference), evidence of your academic qualifications, and evidence that you meet our English language entry requirements (if English is not your first language.
Complete the additional Masters Excellence Scholarships application form. Your application form should be returned by email to pgadmissions-at-le.ac.uk by the deadline. The Masters Excellence Scholarship application form will ask you to include the following:
- A brief personal statement (1,000 words maximum) that tells us why you wish to study your chosen course, how your previous academic and/or professional experience has given you the skills needed for postgraduate level study, and how taking this course will support your personal and/or professional development plans
- An indication of the research area which you would like to pursue in a future PhD programme
Application Deadline: The deadline for applications is June Annually