SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Applications are now been accepted for the Coimbra Group Scholarship Programme for Young Africa, Europe and Latin America Researchers 2018, applicants are reminded to ensure that they have complied with the eligibility criteria to avoid disqualificaton
Coimbra Group Universities have been providing, since 2008, young researchers from universities in Sub-Saharan Africa, European Neighbourhood and Latin America with the opportunity to spend a short period (generally 1 to 3 months) at a Coimbra Group University to carry out part of their research there.
The three Scholarship Programmes offered by the Coimbra Group are enjoying a very high level of popularity, as shown by the results of the evaluation exercise carried out by the CG Office. The grant holders since 2008/9 were asked to participate in an on-line evaluation survey aimed at collecting data about grantees’ research areas, mobility background, as well as information on the perceived impact of their CG scholarship on their career and on difficulties encountered.
- Applicants should be:
- born on or after 1 January 1973
- nationals of and current residents in one of the above-listed countries
- current staff members of a university or an equivalent higher education institution in one of the above-listed countries and be of postdoctoral or equivalent status, although some institutions may offer opportunities to doctoral students
- In most universities the language of instruction is that of the country itself, but in many universities it is possible to use English as the working language.
Africa: Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Egypt, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Georgia, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, the Palestinian Authority, Serbia, Syria, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.
European Neighbourhood: Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Egypt, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Georgia, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, the Palestinian Authority, Serbia, Syria, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.
Latin America: All Latin American countries are eligible.
- Applicants should provide the name and contact details of an academic supervisor in the receiving Coimbra Group University who will supervise their work during their stay abroad. If you do not have any contacts, we suggest you visit the website of your chosen institution or get in touch with the contact person whose email address is indicated in the brochure. The Coimbra Group Office is not in the position to provide assistance in this.
- All applicants are requested to provide a letter/e-mail of acceptance (to be submitted together with your application) written by the academic supervisor or the administrative unit of the host university where you would like to carry out the proposed working plan. The letter should state that the supervisor is willing to work with you in case you obtain a Coimbra Group Scholarship.
- Applicants can select one institution only. Multiple applications from the same candidate will be rejected.
- Please fill in your application form only when you have all the data available (i.e. name of and letter of acceptance by supervisor at Coimbra Group University, etc.). Incomplete applications will be rejected, no exceptions will be made.
- The dates of your stay should be agreed upon between the applicant and the academic supervisor at the Coimbra Group University. Typically this will be during the academic year 2018/2019.
To apply, visit:
- Sub-Saharan Africa Scholarship Programme Evaluation
- Latin America Scholarship Programme Evaluation
- European Neighbourhood Scholarship Programme Evaluation
For more information, visit Coimbra Group Scholarship.