The Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa, CODESRIA, offers fifteen research scholarships to academics and researchers from African universities and research centers to participate in the 2017 session of the Gender institute.
The overall objective of the gender institute continues to be to contribute to a greater awareness about gender issues in African social research milieus, the integration of gender analysis into social research undertaken in Africa, and the inclusion of gender approaches in the agenda of social science debates on methodology.
The Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa (CODESRIA) is recognized not only as the pioneer African social research organization but also as the apex non-governmental center of social knowledge production on the continent. The Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa Promotes and facilitate research and knowledge production in Africa using a holistic, multi-disciplinary approach.
Course Level: These scholarships are available to pursue research.
Study Subject: These scholarships are awarded in the field of Social Science.
Scholarship Award: The number of places available for laureates of this Institute is fifteen (15).
Numbers of Scholarships: Fifteen scholarships are available.
Scholarship can be taken in the Africa
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Candidates submitting proposals for consideration should be PhD students or early career academics in the social sciences and humanities and those working in the broad field of gender and women studies. Scholars outside universities but actively engaged in the area of the policy process and/or social movements and civil society organizations are also encouraged to apply.
- The number of places available for laureates of this Institute is only fifteen (15).
- Africa-based academics and non-African scholars who are able to support their participation are also encouraged to submit proposals for consideration.
Nationality: Applicants of Africa can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a PhD degree.
How to Apply: All applications should be sent by email to gender.institute-at-codesria.sn:
- One duly completed application form;
- An application letter indicating institutional or organizational affiliation;
- A curriculum vitae;
- A research proposal of not more than ten (10) pages, including a descriptive analysis of the work the applicant intends to undertake, an outline of the theoretical interest of the topic chosen by the applicant, and the relationship of the topic to the problematic and concerns of the theme of the Institute;
- Two (2) reference letters from scholars or researchers known for their competence and expertise in the candidate’s research area (geographic and disciplinary), including their names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 15, 2017.