SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The Coca-Cola Company and the United States Department of State are inviting applications for the MENA Scholarship Program for 2017.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Palestinia, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia
To be taken at (country): United States
About the Award: The Coca-Cola Company & the U.S. Department of State are partnering for the 6th consecutive year to sponsor 100 university students from 7 different countries across the Middle East and North Africa to attend a month-long business program focused on entrepreneurship at Indiana University’s prestigious Kelley School of Business, one of the top-ranked business programs in the United States.
This multi-faceted, immersion scholarship program is designed to give a group of students the opportunity to learn about business education through an accelerated curriculum.
Eligibility: All candidates must:
- Have nationality and currently reside in the country from which you are applying and must have a valid passport for international travel.
- Zero to limited travel experience to the United States preferred.
- Be currently enrolled in a university and between 18-24 years old
- All areas of study are eligible to apply.
- Be able to travel from June 24th – July 28th
- Be fluent in English and have a basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Successful receipt of the J-1 visa for the United States
Selection Criteria: All you have to do is share your business idea on how to Make Tomorrow Better in your country.
The Coca-Cola Company will use the following criteria to review submissions:
- Does the idea address a business issue in the local market?
- Is the idea centered around a product or service?
- Characteristics of strong business ideas are: Innovative, Unique, Sellable, Competitive
Selection: The Coca-Cola Company will review all submissions and award applicants the opportunity to complete a formal application based on the strength of the applicant’s submission. Additionally, the 25 ideas with the most votes will automatically be awarded the opportunity to fill out a formal application which will be reviewed by The Coca-Cola Company and local U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: The program, which begins in late June 2017, is fully funded, including travel to and within the United States, accommodations, meals, and university and visa fees.
How to Apply: To participate, start by choosing your nationality in the Scholarship Webpage.
Award Provider: Coca-Cola Company
Important Notes: Please note that the program will take place towards the very end of Ramadan and travel dates can’t be amended. Indiana University is well aware of Ramadan and will make accommodations for attending scholarship winners.
Application Deadline: 20th March 2017.