Applications are currently ongoing for the CNN Diversity Fellowship. Digital journalists from diverse backgrounds with experience reporting for mobile and social platforms are encouraged to apply for the CNN Diversity Fellowship at ONA17. Four winners will receive an all-expenses-paid trip to the ONA conference in Washington, D.C., Oct. 5-7. For the third year, this opportunity is supported by CNN.
Applicants should have:
- A passion for creative storytelling on mobile and social platforms
- Experience with producing and/or curating content for mobile web and apps
- Deep knowledge of the news mobile and social space
- Understanding of how to build community around content and topics through listening, participation and interaction
- Complimentary registration for the 2017 Online News Association Conference in Washington, D.C.
- Roundtrip economy-class airfare to ONA17
- Four nights’ lodging at the Marriott Wardman Park
- Some meals included within conference registration.
Scholarship winners will also participate in one-on-one networking and mentoring events throughout the conference.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Applications will be open to journalists of diverse backgrounds, inclusive of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age and gender.
- Your resume
- A photo of yourself
- A 1-minute mobile video, telling us about yourself and how you envision the future of storytelling on mobile and social platforms. You’ll need a link to the video to paste in the form here.
- Aug. 8: CNN Diversity fellowships announced
- Aug. 21 at 11:59 p.m. ET – Applications due
- Sept.: Fellows announced
Application Deadline: Aug. 21 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET
For More Information: