How it works:
To enter the competition you submit an idea or innovation that can make environmental impact. We’ll help you fast track that idea into a business and bypass all possible pitfalls along the way. You’ll learn how to get your idea funded and launched.
Once you are selected to join ClimateLaunchpad, the Boot Camp and coaching sessions will help you develop your idea to a rock-solid plan. You will pitch this during your National Final. The top 3 winners of each national competition will go on to compete in the Grand Final.
Even if your idea is on the back of a napkin, you’re most welcome to join. Our National Juries select the best proposals to join the National Finals.
Eligible Regions: Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kenya, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Scotland, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, the United Kingdom (England: Birmingham & London), and Ukraine.
Once you’re accepted into the competition, the games begin:
Step 1: Boot Camp
ClimateLaunchpad kicks off with a 2-day Boot Camp in your own country. Our trainers will teach you all you need to know about jumpstarting your business.
Step 2: Intensive coaching and National Finals
The Boot Camp is followed by a period of intensive coaching. You’ll perfect your pitch, value proposition and business model. We’ll make sure you are ready to rock the National Final where you get to pitch in front of your National Jury. The Top-3 of each country enters the Grand Final held in October in Limasol, Cyprus.
Step 3: Grand Final in Cyprus in October
The Top-10 competitors in the Grand Final will get direct access to the Climate-KIC Accelerator, the renowned business school where great ideas grow into great businesses. On top of that there is also prize money. The overall winner of the Grand Final receives € 10,000, the runner up gets € 5,000 and the idea that comes in third place wins € 2,500.
All other National Finalists who made it to the Grand Final get a chance to pitch their idea to the review board of Climate-KIC Accelerator. Impress them and gain access to their programme.
- ClimateLaunchpad kicks off with a 2-day Boot Camp in your own country. Our trainers will teach you all you need to know about jumpstarting your business.
- The Boot Camp is followed by a period of intensive coaching. You’ll perfect your pitch, value proposition and business model. We’ll make sure you are ready to rock the National Final where you get to pitch in front of your National Jury. The Top-3 of each country enters the Grand Final held in October in Limasol, Cyprus.
- Prizes in the National Finals differ per country, however, all top-3 teams get to compete in the Grand Final. Here the ten winning teams will win direct access to the Climate-KIC accelerator, where great ideas grow into great businesses.
- All other Grand Final competitors will get a chance to pitch their idea in front of the review board of Climate-KIC Accelerator to gain access to the programme.
- Last but not least: the Winner of the Grand Final receives € 10,000, the runner up gets € 5,000 and the idea that comes in third place wins € 2,500.
Anyone with a promising cleantech idea who dreams of becoming an entrepreneur should join. You can be a new start-up, SME, researcher, student, public organisation, consultant, engineer, a combination of the above or something that doesn’t fit a job title. Don’t worry if you don’t have a business plan quite ready. We’ll help you strengthen your plan or teach you how to create one.
- You can only apply in your own country.
You can only enter if:
- You have not yet started a business or your company has been incorporated for less than a year (definition: your legal entity does not exist for more than 1 year);
- Your new venture has attracted less than € 200.000 in total funding (this includes all funding, like grants, government loans, angel and/or VC investments, et cetera)
- You have not yet sold products, solutions or prototypes on commercial terms.
You cannot enter ClimateLaunchpad if you have:
- already been accepted into Climate-KIC Accelerator with this start-up;
- already been accepted into ClimateLaunchpad (or the former CleanLaunchpad) in a previous year.
You can only enter ClimateLaunchpad in your own country. Apply by filling out the application form for which you’ll answer questions like what problem you are solving and what climate impact you expect to make. No need for a business plan just yet. We’ll help you strengthen your plan or teach you how to create one.
Application Deadline: June 22, 2017