North African young Leaders are invited to hurry and apply for the Civil Society Facility South Dialogue Young Leaders Fellows Program 2018, only eligible applicants will be considered for this program.
About the Award:
Youth leadership occurs when young people, by giving of themselves – their energy, gifts, and beliefs – inspire and propel others to action for the common good. The CSF South (EU funded) with this Call for Applications intends to mobilise youth leaderships from the Southern Neighbourhood to work with them and their network of CSOs towards a vision of social justice, create a safe platform for them to share their experiences in building resilience to violent extremism in their communities.
Conferences, Fellowship (Professional/Career)
Fields of Dialogue:
- Due to the evolving development in the region, the 2018 programme will give some focus on the role of youth and CSOs to countering and building resilience to violent extremism in their communities and how those local best practices can form a common agenda at the regional level too. Moreover, the Fellows will be further introduced to essential skills and knowledge building on these clusters: activism and governance, entrepreneurship and innovation, youth countering and building resilience to violent extremism.
- Policy related research and projects results/youth agenda will be presented by the Fellows during the closure event of the dialogue Fellowship programme. Such a gathering will bring together Fellows from the previous batches too, for networking, best practices and results sharing.
Value of Program:
CSFS will cover these fees: economy class air ticket, full accommodation, and Visa costs, only.
Participants will come from Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine , Tunisia and Syria
To be taken at (country):
Activities to be held mostly in the European Neighbourhood South and Brussels.
Eligible CSOs from eligible countries can nominate ONE participant based on these requirements:
- 1 applicant /participant per organization (CSO) who did not participate on previous batches;
- Proposed applicant should be within the age limits of 25-35 years old;
- Proposed applicant has at least 3 years-experience being involved in sectorial policy projects, specifically in actions of advocacy and policy dialogue and related fields to this call;
- Good Command/ Proficiency in English language proficiency in addition to Arabic/French is required.
How to Apply:
Required Documents to Apply:
- Recommendation letter (1-page max.) from the applicant’s CSO supporting his/her candidacy;
- Motivation letter written by the applicant in Arabic or English and co-signed by the CSO;
- Curriculum vita of the applicant;
- Copy of passport or ID (with birth date).
Applications can be submitted to:( [email protected] ) copying the CSFS Team Leader, Dr Ahmed Al Damrawy, at: ([email protected]) by latest 2 February 2018 in Arabic, English or French (for the ones in Arabic, a summary of the cover letter and profile should be translated in English)
Application Deadline: 2nd February 2018
- Selected applicants will receive a confirmation of selection by email. They will have to confirm their presence to all activities. Invitations for obtaining visas will be sent.
- Workshops will be held in Arabic and English: a good command of English is required