SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Civic Tech Leadership Fellowship for Young African Leaders 2017
Civic Tech Leadership Fellowship is a highly competitive fellowship designed to prepare future Civic Tech leaders in Africa. The fellows receive training; mentoring and funding to empower them pursue the socio-economic development they want to see in Africa.
Application Deadline: 15th January 2017v
First Batch: March 1, 2017
Eligible Countries: Countries in Africa
About the Award: The Civic Tech Leadership Program prepares the next generation of outstanding Civic Tech leaders by taking them through an intense training and mentorship program. The fellowship allows talented individuals to build their capacity to build out an organization that will pursue the greater socio-economic futures they want to see in Africa.
Civic Hub’s objective is to:
- Empower young people, passionate about creating social change with the knowledge, resources and network necessary to achieve success.
- Facilitate the development of new programs or products that increase transparency in Governance, increasing citizens’ participation in Governance.
- Facilitate the development of programs and tech products that increase civic engagement and social justice.
Eligibility: To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be not be older than 40years of age
- Fluent in English
- Be a citizen of an African country (This first call is for Nigerians only)
- A simple idea but with extraordinary impact potential
- Amazing Passion for social change
- Sound conceptualization of problems, solutions & challenges
- Thought process for sustainability
- A potential for a future career dedicated to working on a social cause
- Full-time commitment to a rigorous program, which is required of our fellows
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Program:
- A stipend to cover the cost of the applicant expenses for 1 year (an additional one year due to exceptional performance)
- Travel allowance to events approved by the program
- Access to global donor network/impact investors for further support
- Access to international fellowships & leadership programs
- Office space for the fellow
- Stipends for two support staff for each team
- Technical support for teams (development and design)
How to Apply: Apply via the Program Webpage link below
Award Provider: Civic Hub