SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Applications are invited at the NASA and Houston Cinema Arts Society (HCAS) for the “CineSpaceShort Film Competition” from filmmakers around the world. Professional and aspiring filmmakers (at least 18 years-old) from all around the world are invited to participate, and will have a chance to share their work inspired by (and using) real NASA footage that has been collected from over 50 years of space history! Total $28,000 award will be awarded by competition. Grand prize will be $10,000, second- $5,000, and third- $3,000. Besides the above awards, the Jury may also award two additional prizes of $4,000 each.
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA /ˈnæsə/) is an independent agency of the executive branch of the United States federal government responsible for the civilian space program, as well as aeronautics and aerospace research.The Houston Cinema Arts Society is a nonprofit organization created in 2008 that organizes and hosts the annual Houston Cinema Arts Festival, a groundbreaking and innovative arts festival featuring films and new media by and about artists in the visual, performing and literary arts.
To eligible, the applicants meet the following criteria:
- All filmmakers, both professional and aspiring
- Natural persons who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry
- Parents and guardians of filmmakers younger than 18 can submit on their behalf
- The following persons are not eligible to win prizes: employees of NASA, Houston Cinema Arts Society (hereafter “HCAS”) and their Board, employees of vendors to NASA or HCAS that have contracted to provide services to or in connection with the Competition, members of the Selection Committee, the Competition judges, and members of the households of the foregoing persons (collectively, the “Competition Parties”).
How to Apply:
- To apply, the applicant will need to login or create a Tongal Account to enter your submission. The link is: https://tongal.com/NASACineSpace#/tab-brief
- If your access to the submission portal is limited or restricted please contact info-at-tongal.com.
Submit Videos: Submissions of all genres- including narrative, documentary, comedy, drama, animation, experimental and others, up to 10 minutes running time, will be accepted. Entries must use at least 10 percent publically available NASA imagery.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
One or more NASA judges will award the prizes as listed below::
- Competition Awards
- Grand Prize: USD 10,000
- Second Prize: USD 5,000
- Third Prize: USD 3,000
- Optional: Special Judging Categories and Awards for
- Film Best Depicting Benefits of Space to Humanity: USD 4,000
- Film Best Depicting Spirit of Future Exploration of Space: USD 4,000
The application submission period opens June 1, 2017, and closes July 31, 2017. Finalists and winners will be announced at a CineSpace event during the Houston Cinema Arts Festival in November.
Link for More Information:
If you have any query, e-mail: cinespace-at-cinemartsociety.org