Are you from a Southeast Asian country and you need the scholarship to enable you to see yourself through school without having to pay through your Nose? Cimb ASEAN Scholarship 2020 can be the solution. This Cimb Bank scholarship is offered by CIMB Group Holdings Berhad with the core aim of helping students who are fuelled to go beyond the ordinary to pursue their undergraduate degree program.
Cimb Bank scholarship is a full scholarship that welcomes exceptional and outstanding students from ASEAN countries and from a wide variety of academic disciplines.
Now here is the big one, If it happens that you emerge as one of the ASEAN Scholarship winners, all your academic fees, including registration, examination and tuition fees will be taken care of. Note that, book allowance and other miscellaneous expenses related to accommodation, airfare, visa/travel documents are included.
Do you know what that means? Pursuing your Undergraduate degree without having to pay a dollar.
I am sure you are already interested, although you might still have several questions on how you can actually get this Cimb Bank scholarship. World Scholarship Forum is here to help you.
That is why we have carefully put down relevant pieces of information about what Cimb ASEAN Scholarship is all about, Cimb ASEAN Scholarship boot camp. Including Cimb ASEAN Scholarship Interview experience, and Cimb Scholarship requirements to aid you to get this opportunity. See also some of our ASEAN scholarships that you can go for once you are eligible.
Below is an overview of what to expect in this article
- What Cimb ASEAN Scholarship is all About?
- About the Sponsor: CIMB Group Holdings Berhad
- Cimb ASEAN Scholarship FAQs
- Editor’s Recommendations
Carefully read Through!
What Cimb ASEAN Scholarship is all About?
The Cimb Bank scholarship is a golden opportunity to deepen student’s education and kickstart their career via the built-in internship. Hence they provide students with a mentor and buddy who helped them adapt to university life quickly.
Similarly, this scholarship allowed me to pursue the dream of reading law at one of the best universities in the world. I am securely supported not just financially but also in terms of welfare and future development.
However, The Cimb ASEAN Scholarship boot camp gives you the opportunity to meet and connects with new friends whom you can still talk to regularly today. Note, only Shortlisted applicants will undergo a 2-day-1-night boot camp.
About the Sponsor: CIMB Group Holdings Berhad
Cimb Group is one of ASEAN’s leading financial institutions. It is committed to supporting the region’s growth through its role in creating the next generation of talent in Southeast Asia.
In addition to the financial support, the scholarship program consists of excellent career development opportunities and a mentoring support system designed to encourage our students to become the next group of changemakers.
Level/ Field of Study
The ASEAN Scholarship covers Undergraduate programs in the following field of study:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Economics Scholarships
Others (any academic discipline in any reputable university in the world)
- Accounting & Business
- Arts& Communication
- Aviation & Maritime
- Computer & Multimedia
- Education & Languages
- Engineering & Architecture
- Environmental & Marine
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Law & Humanities
- Maths, Sciences& Technology
- Medicine, Health & Sciences
This ASEAN Scholarship is provided by CIMB Group Holdings Berhad and is being hosted in Malaysia.
If you are an international student and you desire to study in the UK, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in the UK
Cimb ASEAN Scholarship Application 2020 is opened for Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam or Philippines citizens who are Students.
Aside from the Cimb ASEAN Scholarship 2020, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available.
Cimb ASEAN Scholarship program has numerous benefits which include:
- It provides scholars’ tuition fees, living allowances, insurance, and other related fees
- ASEAN Scholarship offers you the chance to launch your career with CIMB. Internships and post-graduation employment opportunities included.
- It gives direct access to their friendly team of mentors that coach and supports our scholars throughout the program
- Immerse yourself in CIMB’s ASEAN culture through our regional events. Network with colleagues from across the globe and speak to senior leaders
- Benefit from our integrated development programs designed to turbocharge your personal and professional skills
Also, The CIMB ASEAN Scholarship is a full scholarship award covering all academic fees, including registration, examination and tuition fees, as well as book allowance. Other miscellaneous expenses related to accommodation, airfare, visa/travel documents will also be included.
Eligibility for Cimb ASEAN Scholarship 2020
To be eligible for this particular ASEAN Scholarship Cimb, You must meet the following criteria:
- Aged 23 years and below
- A citizen of either Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam or the Philippines.
- Monthly household income of not more than RM15,000 per month (for Malaysian applicants).
- Already accepted or expecting acceptance to pursue their undergraduate studies starting in 2020 within any academic discipline at a reputable university. University students with a minimum of 2 more years of undergraduate study are also encouraged to apply.
- In possession of an excellent academic track record and active in curricular activities.
- Non-recipients of any other scholarship or grant, with a contractual obligation on the part of the applicant.
How to Apply for Cimb ASEAN Scholarship 2020
The evaluation process involves 5 steps which are as follows:
#1: All applications will be selected to ensure that the basic qualification criteria are met.
# 2: Selected candidates will be invited to participate in the online reviews of the CIMB.
#3: The candidates then meet with a group of interviewers.
#4: At this stage, the applicants will take part in our 2-day and 1-day CIMB ASEAN scholarship.
#5: Selected candidates will undergo a final interview with the senior management team of the CIMB Group.
Cimb Scholarship Requirements
The selection of suitable candidates for the ASEAN Scholarship Cimb 2020 is mainly based on the following criteria:
- The next generation of Changemakers: Not only should they be able to adapt easily to change, but they also want to take advantage of it and thrive in a synergetic environment.
- A strong ability to communicate your thoughts is crucial: Candidates are expected to listen sympathetically and communicate effectively.
- Strong academic background and active participation in extracurricular activities: The CIMB prioritizes individuals with strong leadership, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to think without the box: People who can demonstrate creativity and innovation in providing solutions and solving real problems.
The CIMB Group reserves the right to change these criteria from time to time.
All applications are submitted online via the dedicated online application site before the 10th of April. Click here to apply.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. If you are shortlisted, CIMB will get in touch with you via the email address provided in your online application. During the application, kindly ensure that all contact details provided are accurate.
Cimb ASEAN Scholarship 2020 Application Deadline
The CIMB ASEAN Scholarship 2020 application is now closed.
Cimb ASEAN Scholarship FAQs
Check out some of the Frequently Asked Questions on CIMB ASEAN scholarship in case you still have questions
Do I have to be accepted by a university to apply?
Not necessarily, we also accept candidates who are waiting for the recognition of a prestigious university for their undergraduate studies. Applicants must, however, have an unconditional offer at the time the scholarship is awarded.
How do I know if I am on the list of finalists?
Only preselected candidates will be notified. If you are on the list of finalists, we will contact you via the email address provided in your online application. Please make sure when applying that all contact details are correct.
Can I apply if I am not on the list of finalists?
Unfortunately not. All decisions of the selection committee are final.
I missed the registration deadline. Can I submit my application manually?
No. Only orders received by the specified deadline will be accepted. Incoming requests after the deadline will not be considered.
What does the ASEAN CIMB Scholarship include?
The ASEAN Scholarship Cimb is a full scholarship that covers all tuition fees, including tuition, examination fees, tuition and booking fees. Other miscellaneous expenses related to accommodation, airfare, visa/travel documents are also included.
Do I have to pay the CIMB group if I do not finish the program or do not get the final diploma?
Yes, you must reimburse all costs of the CIMB Group.
Do I have to use my results from a particular pre-university program to enroll in my application?
No, we accept results from country-specific pre-university programs, local or international.
Will I be connected to the CIMB Group after graduation?
Yes, you will be associated with the CIMB Group – one year for each academic year on the spot (country of origin of the applicant) and two years for each academic year outside the candidate’s country of origin.
I have family members who work in the CIMB group. Can I apply for a scholarship?
Yes, we accept your application as long as you meet our basic eligibility criteria.
Who can I contact if I have any questions?
If you have questions, you can send your questions to email@example.com!
- Leicester Law School Scholarships for Canadian and Malaysian Students in UK,
- Study In Malaysia: List of Top 10 Universities in Malaysia
- Cheapest Universities in Malaysia, Tuition Fees, & Visa Requirements
- Asia’s 8 Top Countries For International Students and their Top Universities
- Fully Funded Scholarship Programme for ASEAN Students, 2020