SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
CIES Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholar Awards
The Council for International Exchange of Scholars (CIES) is glad to announce “Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholar Awards” Program. The scholar award is open to U.S. scholars who have recently completed their doctoral degree – typically within the five previous years. The award gives an opportunity for recently minted scholars to deepen their expertise, to acquire new skills, to work with additional resources and to make connections with others in their fields. The fellowship covers travel and living costs in-country for the grantee and their accompanying dependents.
The Council for International Exchange of Scholars (CIES), the scholar division of the Institute of International Education (IIE), is well known for its expertise and extensive experience in conducting international exchange programs for scholars and university administrators.
The list eligibility criteria are given below:
- U.S. citizenship – permanent residence is not sufficient.
- Recipients of a Fulbright Scholar grant are eligible to apply for another Fulbright Scholar grant two years after the date of completion of the previous grant. (For serial or Flex grants, the two-year period begins at the end of the final grant in the series.)
- Recent college graduates with limited professional experience are ineligible for consideration under the Fulbright Scholar Program. Instead, such applicants can visit the Fulbright Student Program.
- Graduate or doctoral students seeking funding to complete their degrees are ineligible for consideration under the Fulbright Scholar Program. Instead, such applicants can visit the Fulbright Student Program.
- Sound physical and mental health: selected candidates are required to submit a Medical History and Examination Report before their grants can be finalized.
- Grants shall not authorize engagement in pastoral, missionary, or other professional religious activities.
- Grants shall not authorize engagement in activities for which a license to practice medicine or nursing is required.
- Applicants are required to disclose any prior convictions of a felony or a misdemeanor, including Driving Under the Influence (DUI) or Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) but excluding minor traffic violations. The complete FFSB regulations can be found under 626 Ineligibility Factors.
- Employees and their immediate families (i.e. spouses and dependent children) of the U.S. Department of State and of public or private organizations under contract to the U.S. Department of State are ineligible to apply for a Fulbright grant until one year after termination of such employment.
- Degree requirements: Individual award descriptions specify where a Ph.D. or equivalent professional/terminal degree (including a master’s degree, depending on the field) is required.
- Early career and postdoctoral candidates: Where an award is open to these candidates, they may apply if they will complete the requirements for their doctoral (or equivalent) degree by February 1 in the year following the application deadline, unless otherwise specified in the award description. If not complete at the time of application, applicants must address when they expect to complete their degree in the application.
- Teaching experience: All teaching awards are at the postsecondary level and may vary in experience or discipline requirements, as specified in the award description. Applicants are expected to have teaching experience relevant to the proposed course topic(s).
- Language requirements: Foreign language proficiency may be required depending on the country, type of grant activity (teaching or research), and the nature of the proposed projects. (Note: In many world areas, English is sufficient for teaching activities.)
How to Apply:
To be applying for the scholarship applicants must create an account through the given link: https://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/usscholars/84/
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Fulbright grants are budgeted to cover travel and living costs in-country for the grantee and their accompanying dependents. Check the award description in the catalog of awards and/or consult program staff responsible for the particular award you are interested in.
- Grant benefits vary by country and type of award.
Entries for the scholarship will be submitted by August 1, 2017.
Link for More Information: