Applications are invited for Chinese Government Scholarship-AUN Program for citizens of ASEAN member countries. The Chinese Government Scholarship-AUN Programme is a full scholarship established by the Ministry of Education.Chongqing University CSC Scholarships-AUN Ranking Agency Number and Faculty are open apply now.
About Chongqing University, China
Chongqing University (CQU) is a key national university and a member of the “Excellence League”, located in Chongqing, Southwest China. It is also one of the “211 Project” and “985 Project” universities with full support in construction and development from the central government and Chongqing Municipal Government.
Founded in 1929, Chongqing University now consists of six faculties in Science, Social Sciences, Humanities, Engineering, Built Environment, Information Science and Technology. The University has 35 schools, and offers 96 undergraduate programs, 236 postgraduate programs, 121 doctoral programs, 19 professional degrees, and 29 mobile workstations for postdoctoral study.
Among its various departments, Chongqing University is especially highly ranked in the Built Environment, Engineering, Technology, and Business disciplines. At present, Chongqing University is in possession of 22 state key subjects and 14 key subjects under the state “211 Project”, 38 provincial or ministerial key subjects. The university sets up 11 national key labs, 8 ministerial key labs, and 180 provincial key labs of different specialties.
Level/Field of study:
This scholarship only supports master’s degree and doctoral degree students to learn any of the subjects offered by the university.
The scholarship is hosted by the Chongqing University,China.
Scholarship is open to international students who are citizens of an ASEAN member country; (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam)
The AUN Program provides a full scholarship which covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance. Please consult the ASEAN University Network (AUN) Secretariat for the specific Information.
There are 30 scholarships offered and it only supports graduates..
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applicants must be a citizen of an ASEAN member country (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam), and be in good health.
- The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
- Be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
- Be a master’s degree holder under the age of40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
English Language Requirements: Except for the English-taught Master and doctoral programs, all the courses for other master or doctoral programs will be taught in Chinese. Scholarship students without sufficient Chinese language proficiency(HSK 4 or above)are required to take one-year remedial Chinese language courses and pass the relevant test prior to the studies in their specialties. For those who take the one-year remedial Chinese language courses, the duration of the scholarship will be extended accordingly.
Step 1- Apply to the AUN Secretariat for CGS opportunity.
Step 2- Apply to Chongqing University for the Pre-admission Letter once recommended by the dispatching authorities as an eligible candidate.
Step 3- Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information Management System for International Students.
Step 4- Submit all your application documents to the AUN Secretariat before the deadline.
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (written in Chinese or English)
- Notarized highest diploma; Prospective diploma recipients must submit an official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- Academic transcripts (written in Chinese or English); Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English); This should be a minimum of 800 words.
- Two Recommendation Letters (written in Chinese or English); Applicants for the graduate programs or the senior scholar programs must submit two recommendation letters signed by professors or associate professors.
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy), (The original copy will be kept by yourself and the form is uniformly printed by the Chinese healthy quarantine departments. It must be written in English and can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org ) .The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
- The copy of Pre-admission Letter from Chongqing University (if available);
- The copy of valid HSK Certificate (if available). All documents should be bound together on the top left corner in the order of 6.1to 6 .8. No application documents will be returned.
You can begin the application and get more details by clicking the Scholarship Link
Currently, this scholarship is unavailable but we shall keep you posted on the new date.
To access other Chinese scholarships, click on the link
About Studying in China
Studying in China is an excellent opportunity to explore the world’s most populous country. You will experience China’s unique blend of ancient and modern civilization.
China’s economic progress in the last 30 years is unprecedented in world history. In just a few decades China has gone from one of the poorest countries in the world to a regional and global leader with a vibrant economy. Since 1980, China’s average annual growth rate was over 10% – more than twice the United States and the European Union. China is now the world’s third largest economy.
China’s cost of living is quite low compared to the United States, Canada, Australia and many parts of Europe. Food products and consumer goods are the least expensive items in China. A meal at a local restaurant for one person could cost one or two dollars.
Getting around in China is convenient and inexpensive thanks to a well-developed and modern transportation infrastructure. All cities are well-served by buses and taxis, and larger cities have modern subway systems.
What are the advantages of studying in China
- A recent economic and industrial hub and driver of global growth thereby attracting students and scholars from all over the world
- The University is located at the Center of China, with good proximity to the commercial hubs in the South and the industrialize East.
- Top quality infrastructural and learning facilities comparable with the very best school in the world.
- Huge pool of international students in the city and cities beyond
- Tuition fees lower than western Europe’s and most Asian countries yet providing quality service and beautiful environment.
- Chance to school and chase your business/trade dreams in the world most dynamic trading center.
- Less stressful admission requirements and process.
- Employment Advantage
- Quality of Education and international Recognition
- Travel and exploration
What you need to know about China
- The world’s largest national population, more than 1.3 billion people – 20% of the Earth’s entire population
- More than 90% of the population live in the eastern third of the country
- Full official name is the People’s Republic of China
- Capital city is Beijing, largest city is Shanghai
- Main language is Mandarin Chinese, which has more native speakers than any other language
- The world’s fastest growing and second largest economy, after overtaking Japan in 2011
- Fourth-largest country by area (after Russia, Canada and the US)
- The only country other than Russia and US to have launched a manned space flight; government has set target of establishing a space station by 2020
- Under Communist rule since 1949
- The world’s second-largest oil consumer, after the US
- Very diverse climate – from tropical in the south to subarctic in the northeast
- Chinese cities frequently appear in reports on the world’s most polluted places
We recommend other scholarship opportunities.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.