Scholarship Applications are currently available by The Chinese government, in partnership with the African Union Commission (AUC), and invitations for applications have been encouraged from young African to participate in the Chinese Government Scholarships for Young Africans. The scholarships cover to study any course of the students choice in any Chinese university.
ABOUT THE SPONSOR
The Government of the People’s Republic of China has made scholarship offers to the African Union Commission, through the Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology, to enable African students to study in China in the 2020/2021 Academic Year.
The Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology of the African Union Commission has the role of coordinating AU programs in education and human resource development; science, technology and innovation, and youth empowerment.
The African Union’s Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology provides technical support to Member states in the development and implementation of policies and programmes towards harmonization, intra-African collaboration and experience sharing, as well as quality assurance in these fields, a contribution to the attainment of the AU vision of integration, peace and prosperity of Africa.
The Scholarships are tenable in the specific universities and particular courses as listed below. Eligible applicants are now encouraged to apply.
What You Need To Know AboutThe Chinese Government/African Union Scholarships for Young Africans
LEVEL/ FIELD OF STUDY:
The scholarship is for masters student in Several disciplines and courses – from management, social work, international communications to public health, public administration, accounting, environmental management, and others. Please see the full list in the various university links (pdf) under ‘Participating Institutions’ above.
The scholarship in to be taken in CHINA in the listed universities below.
Scholarships are tenable in the following universities (with the course fields and areas explained within):
Citizens of African countries ONLY
The scholarship will cover the cost related to teaching and the administration of the university and the living expenses of the students from the fund of the foreign aid, supervising the thesis.
The cost related to teaching includes tuition, teaching materials, field trips, and study tours. The basic living expenses include the accommodation, living allowances, the one-time settlement fee, and the medical insurance. Of which, the 3000 RMB of settlement fee will be given to the students in one time.
The living allowances (36000 RMB/year for Master students and 42000RMB/year for Doctor students) will be given to the students on a monthly basis. All the other funds will be managed by the university or Chinese
Eligibility For The The Chinese Government/African Union Scholarships for Young Africans
The scholarships are open to all African nationals who meet the Admission requirements below. The language of instruction shall be English.
Candidates applying for Masters programs must fulfill the following:
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized university with at least a second class upper or its equivalent, in a relevant field
- Maximum of 32 years
- Fluency in English as it is the teaching language
Number of awards
It will cover the entire duration of the scholarships
Method of Application For The The Chinese Government/African Union Scholarships for Young Africans
Applications must be submitted with a cover letter stating motivation and how the qualification will enable you to serve the continent.
Applications must also be accompanied with the following:
- Curriculum Vitae including education, work experience, and publications if any
- Certified copies of relevant Certificates, transcripts and personal details page of national passport (at least 6 months validity)
- Clear, colored passport photograph (3*4)
- Recommendations from two academic referees, one professional referee
- Health certificate
All applicants must apply directly through the University website and in addition, apply for the scholarship through the Chinese Government Website and send copies by email for scholarship nomination to Olaleye Matthew Adewumi – [email protected] and copied to Hilda Muhu – [email protected].
Application Deadline: May 07, 2020 to June 29, 2020
WE ALSO RECOMMEND:
- Institute of Science and Technology Austria Scholarships for International Students
- China Government Masters Scholarships for African Students -Fully-Funded – Apply
- African Regional Training Workshop for African Researchers
- Study in China: Chinese Government/African Union Scholarship for African Students
- University of Sussex Geoffrey Oldham Memorial Scholarships in UK
- Graduate School of Science Scholarship for International Students in Japan
- 61 International Fellowships at Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology, Spain
- South African Youth Science and Technology Journalism Programme
- International Students Master Scholarships at China Agricultural University
- Fully Funded MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program at Arizona State University and Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology