Chicana / Latina Foundation Scholarship Program
The Chicana/Latina Foundation is delighted to offer Chicana / Latina Foundation Scholarship Program. To be eligible for the scholarship you must be enrolled graduate/professional students completing course/thesis/dissertation, and have a cumulative GPA of 3.0. The purpose of the Chicana/Latina Foundation (CLF) Scholarship Program is to assist Chicana/Latina students in completing their undergraduate and graduate college education. The total award money for the scholarship program is $52500.
The Chicana/Latina Foundation (CLF) is a non-profit organization which promotes professional and leadership development of Latinas. The Foundation’s mission is to empower Chicanas/Latinas through personal, educational, and professional advancement.
Please see the basic entry requirements below
- Be a woman of Chicana/Latina heritage.
- Be enrolled in an accredited college, university, or community college in one of the following Northern California counties: Alameda – Contra Costa – Marin – Monterey – Napa – Sacramento – San Mateo – Santa Clara – Santa Cruz – Solano – San Francisco – Sonoma – Yolo
- Have lived at least two years in one of the above Northern California counties at the time of application
- Community College and Undergraduate students must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time college student (as defined by your institution) when applying and for the following academic year, and
- Have completed 12 college units after high school graduation, and
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 of college course work
- Be enrolled graduate/professional students completing course/thesis/dissertation or have been accepted into graduate/professional school, and
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 for college course work
- Commit to attending the CLF Leadership Institute (one weekend in August after being selected and one weekend the following year in February)
- Commit to volunteering ten (10) hours for CLF before March the year after being selected
- Past CLF awardees may not re-apply until four years after receiving our scholarship
How to Apply:
Applying for Chicana / Latina Foundation Scholarship Program you can download the application form through the given link:
Please attach the following document with your application form
- Two Essays (Page 4)
- Completed Application-Form a (Pages 5-6)
- Two Letters of Recommendations with completed Forms B and C. They do not have to be sealed (Pages 7-8)
- Completed Confidential Demographic Information-Form D (Page 9)
- College Transcripts (official preferred). Graduate students must include undergraduate transcripts. May be sent separately if required by the institution
- Resume or CV (required for Graduate Students)
All completed packages material, including transcript, must be addressed to
Chicana Latina Foundation
1419 Burlingame Ave. Suite W2
Burlingame, CA 94010
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The Chicana/Latina Foundation awards merit-based scholarships to Latina college students, valued at $1,500 dollars each.
Apply for the scholarship and submit all admission materials by Friday, March 31, 2017.
Link for More Information: