SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHIC) Scholarships 2019 are offered to Latino students in the United States who have a history of performing public service oriented activities in their communities and who shows the desire to continue their civic engagement in the future.
Congressional hispanic caucus scholarship awards has no GPA (Grade point Average) or a major academic requirement. This scholarship is mostly suitable for students with an excellent leadership potentials and they are usually encouraged to apply.
Purpose of CHCI Scholarship for Latino Students
The purpose of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute scholarship 2019 for Latino students is to provide critical financial assistance that will increase the graduation rates among the Latino students in post-secondary education.
However, in an effort to ensure the progress of scholarship recipients and to encourage the completion of the post- secondary education program, each scholarship award is divided by the number of years required for graduation.
Students given this Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute scholarship awards will continue to receive annual disbursement as long as they maintain a good and sound academic standards.
The congressional Hispanic caucus institute scholarship awards for Latino students are intended to provide assistance with tuition, text books, room and board and other educational expenses linked with the college enrollment.
This congressional hispanic caucus institute scholarship 2019 is provided to learn any of the course that is being offered by the university or college. So there are no specific courses.
Congressional Hispanic caucus institute scholarship awards is designed for pursuing associate, undergraduate and graduate degree level.
Congressional hispanic caucus scholarship award is being sponsored by the United States Government and has its works within the walls of U.S. Therefore it is mostly open for the United States citizens usually in need of financial assistance.
congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute scholarship awards includes the following:
- $5,000 to attend a graduate-level institution.
- $2,500 to attend a four-year academic institution.
- $1,000 to attend a two-year community college or A.A./A.S. degree-granting institution.
Scholarship awards are designed to cover tuition, room and board, textbooks, and other educational expenses associated with college enrollment.
- Congressional Office Internship Placement.
- Great Pay: $3,750 (Fall/Spring), $3,125 (Summer).
- Domestic round-trip transportation to Washington, DC.
- Housing (All Expenses Covered).
- Academic Credit.
- Leadership Training, Networking and More.
CHIC Scholarship Requirements
- Attend one-week orientation and weekly leadership development sessions.
- Work a minimum of 32 hours a week in congressional office assignment.
- Participate in all Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute scholarship-sponsored activities.
- Complete community service hours.
- Comply with Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute scholarship 2019 policies regarding work performance and personal conduct.
Who is Eligible for CHIC Scholarship
The Eligibility Criteria needed for the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute Scholarship are as follows:
- A full-time enrollment in a United States department of education accredited community college, four- Year University, or graduate/ Professional program during the scholarship is needed.
- A well demonstrated financial Need.
- Applicant must be consistent and an active participant in public or community service activities.
- A Good and strong writing skills.
- Applicant must be a U.S citizen or have a legal permanent residence and also possess a lawful evidence of employment authorization.
Note: If selected as a finalist, all individuals will be required to provide confirmation of enrollment to participate in the program.
- Individuals that will graduate in the May or June prior to the Summer session are NOT eligible, but are eligible to participate in the Public Policy Fellowship Program.
- Community college individuals graduating in June are eligible for the Summer session if they are transferring to a new institution come the Fall semester. If selected, they will be required to provide confirmation of enrollment at new institution for the Fall semester.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, asylees, or individuals who are lawfully authorized to work full-time without restriction for any U.S. employer and who, at the time of application, possess lawful evidence of employment authorization.
Note: Individuals who are seeking consideration under the “Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival” (DACA) policy must possess an Employment Authorization Document at the time of application that is valid throughout the program.
- Family members of CHCI Board or Advisory Board Members are prohibited from participating in any of CHCI’s charitable programs (e.g., scholarships, internships, etc.). Applications by such family members will not be considered.
Note: “Family members” include the following individuals regardless of whether the relationship is biological or adoptive:
- Immediate family – includes spouse, domestic partner, ex-spouse, parents, siblings, half-siblings, children, stepchildren, grandparents, grandchildren, step-parents, step-siblings
- Related by marriage – includes son-in-law, daughter-in-law, mother-in-law, father-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law
- Extended family, either natural or by marriage – includes nieces, nephews, uncles, aunts, and first cousins
The number of Congressional Hispanic caucus institute scholarship awards offered varies annually based on fund-raising. Last year, 127 awards were given (15 to community college students, 92 to undergraduate students, and 20 to graduate students).
How do I apply for CHIC scholarship
To apply for Congressional hispanic caucus institute scholarship, CHCI scholarship applicant must apply online.
Visit this link: https//www.chci.org
Note: All individuals are welcome to apply. However, it should be noted that preference will be given to individuals with financial need.
Please note, the following dates are subject to change with the release of the congressional calendar, expected before the end of 2019:
- Spring 2019: January 28 – April 19, 2019 (12 weeks)
- Summer 2019: May 28 – August 2, 2019 (10 weeks)
- Fall 2019: August 26 – November 15, 2019 (12 weeks)
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- Crown College Tuition: Scholarships and Cost of Living in 2019
- Clarks Summit University Tuition: Scholarships & Cost of Living 2019
- 2018 British High Commission Singapore Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships, UK
- LIST Of Full Scholarships for African Students to Study In USA (HOT)
- Top 10 Poetry Scholarships 2019
- TD Scholarships for Community Leadership in Canada
- 10 Best Waterloo Scholarships 2019 [UPDATED]
- Kansas Christian College: Tuition Fee, Admission, Scholarships and Cost of Living in 2019
- IFT Feeding Tomorrow Scholarships for Students in US, 2019
- Redhead Scholarship 2019 | USA Scholarships