Last updated on August 7th, 2017 at 12:28 am
Applications for Chevening Scholarships for Indian Students is almost on the way. Indians are you ready? Its coming Bigger and Exciting. Chevening Scholarships in India are awarded to outstanding emerging leaders to pursue a one year master’s degree programme at any UK university. They provide a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers and decision makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture and build lasting positive relationships with the UK. A Chevening award offers financial support along with the opportunity of becoming part of the highly regarded and influential Chevening global network.
Applicants from India can choose any course of study at any UK higher education institution. We particularly welcome applications that relate to UK interests in your country.
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years’ work experience (this may be up to five years for fellowship programmes, so please refer to your country page for further details)
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 12 July 2018
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 12 July 2018
A Chevening award in India includes:
• university tuition fees (Chevening applies a tuition fee cap of £18,000 to MBA programmes. Applicants will be expected to cover the remaining costs above the £18,000 cap)
• a monthly stipend
• travel costs to and from the UK
• an arrival allowance
• homeward departure allowance
• the cost of one visa application
• a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
Applications for 2018/2019 Chevening Scholarships and some Chevening Fellowships will open at 12:00pm BST (midday UK time) on 7 August 2017.
Before you apply please refer to the Chevening website. When you are ready to proceed click on the application centre above and select your country award (e.g Afghanistan Chevening Scholarships).
To start your online application
To start your application, please visit the Apply page, select your country / territory and level and then complete the Eligibility form.
If you have already started an application you can continue to complete a saved form by logging in using the login button, click on the application centre button and select Review Status.
To check the progress of a submitted application
To check the progress of an application you have already submitted and any communications sent to you, log in using the login button and click on the application centre. You cannot make changes to your application form once submitted, but you can edit the Contact Details section and upload supporting documentation.
If you have any questions or would like to contact us, click on the ‘Help Centre’ tab above. You can also search the frequently asked questions section.