The scholarship, funded by the United Kingdom Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and operating in 137 countries, seeks candidates looking to study economic development, public policy, security and justice, human rights, media and communications, and international relations.
The scholarship seeks to “support UK foreign policy priorities by creating lasting positive relationships with future leaders, influencers and decision makers around the world,”
Since 1983, about 160 Moroccan students have seen their applications for the scholarship accepted. Around 2,000 students are expected to receive the scholarship this year.
Well, if you are a Moroccan student that want to further your education to masters level and UK is your study location, this scholarship is for you. we know how difficult it is to gain admission into a foreign university let alone funding your trip and your stay in a foreign land at some point we tend to let go of a very promising opportunity.
If all these are your fears , then this article is going to tell about how you are going scale through these obstacle with little or no stress.
“Chevening offers a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK,” adds the FCO. “Chevening alumni have an excellent record of rising to positions of leadership across a wide range of fields, including politics, business, the media, civil society, religion, and academia.”
ABOUT THE SPONSOR
Chevening is the UK Government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders. Funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations, Chevening offers two types of award – Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships – the recipients of which are personally selected by British embassies and high commissions throughout the world.
Chevening Awards are an important element in Britain’s public diplomacy effort and bring professionals, who have already displayed outstanding leadership talents, to study in the UK. The objective of Chevening is to support foreign policy priorities and achieve FCO objectives by creating lasting positive relationships with future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers.
What you Need To Know About Chevening Scholarships for Morocco Students
Chevening provides fully-funded scholarships, leaving you free to focus on achieving your academic goals and enjoying the experience of a lifetime. You will live and study in the UK for a year, during which time you will develop professionally and academically, grow your network, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
Level/ Field of Study:
This scholarship is for morocco students pursuing their Masters studies in UK
you know gaining a study visa to UK can be very difficult. we aint going to lie to you but if you can follow these process we are sure u will get it right.
Before you read further you should know that not everyone needs a visa when studying in the United Kingdom. If you are coming from a country belonging to the EU, EEA, or Switzerland, you will not need a UK student visa.
However, non-EU student who are planning to study in a university in UK will have to apply for a visa. Here are some in-depth details about getting your UK student visa if you’re a national of these non-EU .
first of all there are two types of study in Uk visa you can apply for depending on how long you intend to stay in the country.
- Short-term study visa (available between 6 and 11 months) – for students who plan to: Study a short language course or take up a short period of research as part of a degree course.
- Tier 4 (General) Student Visa – for students who enrol in an academic study degree (Bachelor, Master or PhD course).
When and where to apply for the student visa in the UK?
a) You can apply for a student visa at the UK embassy in your country.
b) You can apply online on the official UK government website.
- You’ll need to have your fingerprints and photograph taken at a visa application centre (to get a biometric residence permit) as part of your application.
- Schedule an appointment at the visa application centre.
Tips about my visa application
- Do not leave your visa application to the last moment – usually it takes about 3 weeks to receive the Tier 4 student visa. But depending on the place you are applying from you should start the visa application process with 3 months in advance;
- Make sure you have the certificate of acceptance for studies (CAS) from your university before applying for your student visa;
- Don’t submit fake documents – you risk being banned from visiting the UK in the future;
- Make sure you get all the information before you start the application process;
- If you use a visa agent to help you apply, make sure he is not trying to scam you;
- Make sure the institution you are applying to is licensed;
- Universities usually have trained visa advisors able to answer your questions about the Tier 4 student visa and guide you through the application process.
Conditions you need to meet to be accepted for Tier 4 visa
- Be over 16 years old;
- Speak, read, and understand English;
- Have sufficient money to support yourself during your studies;
- Have an unconditional offer of study from a licensed university in the UK.
Language requirements for my study in the UK
To prove that your knowledge of spoken and written English meet British visa requirements, you will need to pass a secure English language test (SELT). You must meet the CEFR level B2 of language proficiency if you’re studying at a degree level or higher.
Exception: For students coming from certain countries, proof of English proficiency may not be required if you’ve completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree.
Required application documents
- Completed visa application form;
- Passport or valid travel documentation;
- One passport-sized colour photograph;
- Proof that you can support yourself during your stay in the UK 1,265 GBP/month if you live in London and 1,015 GBP/month for the rest of the UK);
- Parental consent, if under 18 years old;
- Tuberculosis test results (in certain countries);
- Visa application fee of 335 GBP;
- Immigration Health Surcharge of 150 GBP per year of study;
- Self-assessment form Appendix 8 with attached documents. (not required if you apply online);
- Other requirements specific to your country.
Any documents that have to be submitted in support of the Appendix 8 form, which are not in English or Welsh must be accompanied by an official full translation that can be independently verified by the UK Border Agency.
The Scholarship is designed for Morocco STUDENTS. The Scholarship is designed Specifically for Applicants who have exceptional leadership and show great academic background.
This a fully funded scholarship in which the recipient gets Up to £18,000
- university tuition fees
- a monthly stipend
- travel costs to and from the UK
- an arrival allowance
- a homeward departure allowance
- the cost of one visa application
- a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
Chevening Scholarships for MOROCCO Students Eligibility
- Be a MOROCCO citizen
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a postgraduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years’ work experience (this may be up to five years for fellowship programmes, please refer to your country page for further details)
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 12th july 2018.
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 12th july 2018.
Once submitted, your application will be reviewed against the Chevening eligibility criteria. If you failed to meet the work experience requirement, or have entered something in your declaration that makes you ineligible, you will be given one opportunity to review and amend your entries for these two sections.
You will receive instructions on how to review these sections via email and you will have until 48 hours prior to the application deadline to amend your answers. For scholarships, this is 1200 GMT on 6 November 2017. Failure to amend your answers will mean your application will not be considered for an award.
If you applied before the deadline, but have not yet submitted your English language test results or your unconditional university offer, you must upload them to your application by 12 July 2018. Use the ‘upload application documents’ button above to upload them. Please note that only documents in PDF format can be uploaded and documents cannot be over 5MB in size.
If you are eventually conditionally selected for a Chevening Scholarship, it is essential that you have submitted these documents in order to remain in the process.
English language test availability in this country can be limited and we strongly encourage you to book your test as soon as possible.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
In order to receive a Chevening Award, all applicants must demonstrate that they have fulfilled the Chevening English language requirement by 12 July 2018. We advise all applicants to ensure they have fulfilled the English language requirement as early as possible by either:
- Taking an English language test
- Claiming an exemption based on the UKVI exempt categories
If you fail to demonstrate that you have met the required English language level by 12 July 2018 or fail to prove that you qualify for an exemption, your application will not be successful
English language tests
You are free to take tests more than once in order to meet the Chevening English language requirement. Please note that Chevening does not pay for costs associated with English language testing. You are responsible for booking and paying for costs associated with these tests.
Chevening accepts English language tests from five providers:
- Academic IELTS
- Pearson PTE Academic
- TOEFL iBT
- C1 Advanced (formerly Cambridge English: Advanced [CAE])
- Trinity ISE II (B2)
The English language test must be taken from one of these providers on or after 1 October 2016. If you do not already have an existing eligible test certificate, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have booked a test date so that you can obtain the required results.
Applicants are not permitted to take pre-sessional courses to fulfil the Chevening English language requirement. You will be required to take one of the approved English language tests unless you fall into one of the exempt categories.
Applicants are not permitted to enrol on pre-sessional courses to fulfil their university’s English language requirement or any other conditions of a university offer. Any offer from a university with a requirement to undertake a pre-sessional course will be considered conditional.
Chevening English language requirement: breakdown of scores
|Find a test centre|
|Overall score of 6.5 with a minimum score in each component of:|
Pearson PTE Academic
|Find a test centre|
|Overall score of 58 with a minimum score in each component of:|
|Find a test centre|
|Overall score of 79 with a minimum score in each component of:|
|Find a test centre|
|Overall score of 176 with a minimum score in each component of:|
Trinity ISE II (B2)
|Find a test centre|
|Overall pass and minimum pass in each skill across both modules:|
In some countries, the availability of test centres is limited so we recommend you organise a test at the earliest opportunity. If there are no English language test centres in your country, you may be required to travel to a neighbouring country to take a test. Please see your country page for further guidance.
Please note that the turnaround time for English language tests varies:
- IELTS results will be available in 13 days
- PTE Academic results will be available in five business days
- TOEFL results will be available approximately ten days
- C1 Advanced results will be available in two weeks
- Trinity results will be available in 14 days
English language test results are sometimes withheld or delayed due to standard auditing procedures carried out by the test provider. Please note that extensions to the 12 July deadline will not be granted in cases where results are withheld or delayed, and applicants should therefore ensure that they take their test well in advance of the deadline.
Remember to prepare for your English language test in advance. Tips on how to prepare for the tests and practice test papers are available on each of the test provider’s websites.
English language exemptions
Applicants who are nationals of one of the following countries are exempt from submitting an English language test for a Chevening Award.
Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, the United States of America, and British Overseas Territories.
Applicants who have been awarded a bachelor’s degree or higher that was taught in full in a university located and accredited in one of the following countries are also exempt from submitting an English language test for a Chevening Scholarship*:
Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, the UK, and the United States of America.
*The exemption from the Chevening English language requirement will not be granted for distance learning courses or studying at the overseas campus of a university based in an exempt country. However, evidence of studying abroad in one of the exempt countries for at least one academic year as part of an accredited degree course will be granted the English language exemption.
Applications for Chevening Scholarships and some Fellowships will reopen in August 2018 for opportunities to study in the UK in 2019/2020.
FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT THE LINK BELOW