Chevening Scholarships in Afghanistan are awarded to outstanding emerging leaders to pursue a one-year taught Master’s degree programme at any UK university. They provide a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture and build lasting positive relationships with the UK. A Chevening award offers financial support along with the opportunity of becoming part of the highly regarded and influential Chevening global network.
Applicants from Afghanistan can choose any course of study at any UK higher education institution, when selecting your field of study please refer to the UK priorities in your Country
Applications close on 7 November 2017 at midday GMT. You are encouraged to submit your application in good time to avoid disappointment.
To be eligible for a Chevening Award you must:
- Be a citizen of a Afghanistan.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years’ work experience (this may be up to five years for fellowship programmes, so please refer to your country page for further details)
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 12 July 2018
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 12 July 2018
Applications for 2018/2019 Chevening Scholarships are open between 12:00 BST on 7 August 2017 and 12:00 GMT on 7 November 2017 (both midday UK time).