Chevening has officially enlisted courses for 2018-2019 Chevening Scholarships. There are over 15,000 master’s courses available to Chevening applicants so careful research is really important in order to make the right choice. You have to choose three courses for your application, and to eventually receive a Chevening Scholarship you must get an unconditional offer for at least one of your three choices. Choose wisely.
To be eligible:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years’ work experience (this may be up to five years for fellowship programmes, so please refer to your country page for further details)
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 12 July 2018
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 12 July 2018
Choose your three courses carefully as you won’t be able to change them after submitting your application. To be awarded a scholarship, you must get an unconditional offer for one of your course choices by 12 July 2018.
Applicants will need to select three different master’s courses, these can be three different courses at the same institution or the same titled course but at three different universities. You should choose your field of study carefully and select courses which reflect your current or future career goals.
In order to be eligible, the courses you choose must be:
- Start in the autumn term (usually September/October)
- Taught master’s (i.e. not research-focused MRes programmes)
- Lead to a master’s degree qualification
- Based in the UK
Course cannot be:
- Distance learning
- Less than nine months in duration
- More than 12 months in duration
- PhD or DPhil are not permitted
Use our course finder to search for Chevening-eligible courses: www.chevening.org/