CHED-Tulong Dunong Scholarship for College Students in Philippines, 2019
The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) is offering the Grants-in-Aid Program (Tulong Dunong Scholarship) to support college students with financial aid needed to pursue their academic dreams. Filipino citizens are eligible to apply for this CHED-Tulong Dunong Scholarship Program 2019. The program offers the needed financial assistance for college enrolment for the students.
Other CHED offers includes full and half merit scholarship under the Student Financial Assistance Program (StudFAPs), and student loan program under the Study Now Pay Later Plan (SNPLP).
Description of CHED
The Commission on Higher Education is the governing body covering both public and private higher education institutions as well as degree-granting programs in all tertiary educational institutions in the Philippines.
To date, it has continued to provide poor and deserving Filipinos opportunities to quality higher education as articulated in its Long Term Development Plan provisions for “Access and Equity” with the establishment and maintenance of scholarship, grants-in-aid and loan programs.
Students with earned units in college whose weighted average are at least a passing grade for the last two semesters and enrolled in identified priority courses in duly authorized public or private HEIs.
More Information about Tulong Dunong Scholarship
The CHED-Tulong Dunong Scholarship is intended for the high school graduates whose GWA is at least a passing grade and for graduating high school students whose GWA is at least a passing grade in the third year and in the three grading periods of the fourth year and who will enroll in identified priority courses in duly authorized public or private HEIs.
The TULONG DUNONG is a Grants-in-Aid (GIA) under the Student Financial Assistance Programs (StuFAPS) of Commission on Higher Education (CHED). This is intended for:
- High school graduates whose GWA is at least a passing grade and for graduating high school students whose GWA is at least a passing grade in the third year and in the first three grading periods of the fourth year and who will enroll in identified priority courses in duly authorized public or private HEIs.
- Students with earned units in college – whose weighted average is at least a passing grade for the last two (2) semesters and enrolled in identified priority courses in duly authorized public or private HEIs.
- Students who passed the Alternative Learning System (ALS) and the Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT).
Education in the Philippines
There are almost 2,300 higher education institutions in the Philippines, the majority of which are private. Many universities are affiliated with Roman Catholicism, which reflects the country’s colonial past. Of the public institutions funded by the government, the national university, University of the Philippines, receives the most funding.
Four top universities in the Philippines are ranked among the world’s best in the QS World University Rankings 2018, with a further two featured in the QS Asia University Rankings 2018. The top four are:
- University of the Philippines: Ranked joint 367th in the World University Rankings 2018 and 75th in Asia
- Manila University: The Ateneo de Manila University is a private research university which ranks 551-600 in the world rankings and joint 95th in Asia.
- De La Salle University: Next among the top universities in the Philippines, De La Salle University (DLSU) is ranked 701-750 in the world and 134th in the latest edition of the QS Asia University Rankings.
- University of Santo Tomas: The University of Santo Tomas (UST, also known as Pontifical and Royal University of Santo Tomas, or the Catholic University of the Philippines) is ranked 701+ in the world rankings and 157th in Asia.
Not only is the Philippines a beautiful country, but it also has one of the best higher education systems in Asia, ranked 46th in the first edition of the QS Higher Education System Strength Rankings. Offering the opportunity to study in English at an affordable cost, the Philippines attracts over five thousand international students a year from across the globe, with most coming from other countries in East Asia.
Level/Field of study
The CHED-Tulong Dunong Scholarship program 2019 is available for pursuing the undergraduate degree in any of the fields of studies in any of the Institutions.
The CHED-Tulong Dunong Scholarship is hosted by the Commission on Higher Education, Philippines.
CHED-Tulong Dunong Scholarship program is open to local high school graduate students in the Philippines who are intending to enroll in the college.
The package of financial assistance to grantees shall be six (6) semesters for a three(3) year program, eight(8) semesters for a four(4) year program or ten(10) semesters for a five (5) year program.
The financial benefits cover tuition and other school fees as billed not to exceed Php12,000.00 per academic year. Financial Assistance for other programs includes;
- Full Merit Program – P15,000 per semester
- Half Merit Program – P7,500 per semester
- Study Now Pay Later Plan – P7,500 per semester
The number of offers in the CHED-Tulong Dunong Scholarship was not specified.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this CHED Scholarship:
- Be a Filipino citizen of good moral character.
- Not be more than 30 years of age at the time of application except for senior citizens;
- Be a high school graduate or a candidate for graduation;
- Must have a combined annual gross income of parents/guardian not to exceed P300,000.000. For those who are exempted from filing income tax, there should be a certificate of tax exemption from the BIR. For OFW and seafarers, the latest copy of contract or proof of income.
- Not be a recipient of any government scholarship and financial assistance.
To apply for this CHED Scholarship 2019, applicants should follow the following procedures:
- Get a copy of CHED StuFAPs application form from CHED offices or download it.
- Fully accomplished the form and submit it to CHED Regional Offices together with all documentary requirements mentioned above.
- After evaluation, CHED will contact/mail you regarding the status of your application.
- Student applicants should submit the accomplished CHED StuFAPS Application (StuFAPs Form 1) directly to the CHED Regional Office.
However, applicants who intend to enroll in State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) shall directly submit their StuFAPs Form 1 to the concerned SUCs.
Required Documents for this scholarship
The following documents should be submitted together with the CHED-Tulong Dunong Scholarship form:
- CHED StuFAPs Application (OSS Form 01).
- Duly certified HighSchool Report Card for third year and grades for the first three grading periods for the fourth year.
- Latest Income Tax Return(ITR), Certificate of Tax Exemption or Copy of Contract/proof of income of parents/guardian from the Bureau of Internal Revenue.
- Certificate of good moral character from the high school principal/guidance counselor.
The incoming freshmen
- For the fourth year high school applicants – third year grades and first three grading periods of the fourth year;
- For high school graduates – fourth year Form 138
Applicants with Earned Units in College
- Certificate of grades in all subjects in completed semesters
For Other Applicants
- ALS – Accreditation and Equivalency Test Passer Certificate
- PEPT – Certificate of Advancing to the Next Level
Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of parents and Guardians
- For those who are exempted from filing income tax, a Certificate of Tax exemption from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) should be submitted.
- For children of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) and seafarers, the latest copy of contract or proof of income may be considered.
- Certificate of good moral character from the last school attended
You can begin the application by clicking on the link below:
The application period for the CHED-Tulong Dunong Scholarship 2019 is from February to April 30, 2019.
Only application with complete documents will be included in the ranking and selection of beneficiaries.
For more information on this CHED Scholarship 2019, interested applicants should click on the link below:
- 15 Scholarships for Philippines Students to Study in Canada 2019-2020
- List of College Scholarships in Philippines for Indigenous Students, 2019-2020
- World Bank #Blog4Dev Essay Competition 2019
- Legal Essay Competition On Global Climate Law and Governance 2019
- Fully Funded St. Gallen Symposium Leader of Tomorrow Essay Competition in Switzerland 2019
- Japan Foreign Trade Council Essay Contest
- 2017-18 CCI National Level Essay Competition for Indian Students
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2019-2020
- 25 Boarding Schools in Nigeria | Updated
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Zimbabwe Students, 2019
- Fully Funded Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships in UK 2019
- 230 Fully-funded Commonwealth Shared Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response on the comment box for us to serve you better
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
CHED-Tulong Dunong scholarship is ongoing to support Filipino college students with financial aid needed to pursue their academic dreams. APPLY NOW