Applications are currently being invited for the Chatham House Internship. Therefore, if you are looking for an internship the Chatham house internship is meant for you.
Chatham House, the Royal Institute of International Affairs, is an independent policy institute based in London. It’s a mission is to help build a sustainably secure, prosperous and just world.
The employees of Chatham House helps in bringing new and diverse perspectives to a wide range of global issues. Via Chatham House, an engaging environment is provided for employees to develop their professional skills and enhance their network.
The Chatham House
The Chatham House is based in London and its employees work with individuals and organizations from across the NGO, political and corporate spheres to influence ideas on how to build a more prosperous, just and secure world for all.
There is an initial trial period. Hours are flexible. We are happy to consider applications for full-time or for part-time internships.
When considering candidate applications, Chatham House is not able to offer assistance in finding accommodation, nor can it apply for work permits or visas for these assignments, if they are necessary.
Chatham House also cannot guarantee a response to unsolicited applications in all cases.
About The Chatham House Internship 2020
This programme, Chatham House’s internship programme is designed to provide the experience that is of relevance to future careers in international affairs.
It offers to This program is available for students coming to the end of their university education or those at an early stage of their working lives as it offers mentoring opportunities and formal training.
Interns are appointed for a period of three months internship takes up to 3 months and are available mainly within not just the institute’s research departments but also in some non-research departments such as Communications, Publishing and External Relations. Although internships are unpaid, they are designed to assist and foster career development.
The program is offered on a flexible basis aimed at, for example, students can fit their internship around studies, part-time work, and other commitments.
Interns undergo supervision and their activities depend on the Programme/Department they join. These activities can range from research work and the preparation of draft reports to administrative duties, the compilation of statistical data, assisting with event and media management, etc.
Successful applicants can expect to gain direct exposure to the work and management of a leading think-tank with a multinational presence.
The current opportunities available in Chatham House include
- The Donor Relations Co-ordinator in External Relations, Head of IT in IT
- Hoffmann Centre for Sustainable Resource Economy Programme Coordinator in Hoffmann Centre
- Project Manager- the Middle East and North Africa Programme (MENAP) in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Research Associate/Research Fellow in Energy, Environment, and Resources
- Research Fellow – the Middle East and North Africa Programme (MENAP) in the Middle East and North Africa
Chatham house offers a limited number of internships. These internship positions offered are unpaid but Chatham house endeavors to ensure a positive and beneficial experience for all interns
Chatham House Internship Benefits
Interns can be on the outlook to gain direct exposure to the work and management of Chatham House as a world-leading think-tank. Also, an internship benefit includes the opportunities to:
- Be a participant in research seminars, workshops, and discussion groups hosted by its regional and thematic research departments.
- Be in attendance in some events in the members’ events programme addressed by international leaders and experts such as UK politicians, academicians, journalists, diplomats, business leaders, and et cetera.
- On a range of emerging issues critical to business and policy interests, attend conferences.
- Have access to the information service and library, including complimentary research inquiry service and the free loan of up to 10 books at any one time.
- To develop writing and editing skills by producing meeting
Furthermore, additional internship benefits include:
- Participation in a 2-day structured training course, which includes learning styles, effective communications, presentation, and leadership skills.
- Mentor appointed from the host department/programme throughout the internship.
- At least two times during the internship, a scheduled review meeting to discuss progress and development should hold; and on completion of the internship, a written review of their progression will be given to each intern.
- Access to the Under 35s Forum, a programme of events and networking opportunities focused on the next generation of the institute’s membership.
- Complimentary copies of its magazine, The World Today and journal International Affairs.
- Entitlement to a free lunch at Chatham House.
- Travel reimbursement for London Zones 1-6, for the days, worked.
- 12 months access to Chatham House individual membership benefits upon completion of the internship.
- A certificate signed on successful completion of the internship, by the director of Chatham Hous
Chatham House Internship Application
When internships are available, they are advertised on the Chatham House website. Applications should be emailed to the contact person/department advertising the position. Also, the following documents are required for the application,
- A full curriculum vitae.
- A cover letter wherein a brief description of why you want to do an internship at Chatham House is to be made known.
- Two letters of reference, with at least one from a faculty member, and contact details of referees.
After all application, applications received are considered by the department/programme advertising the internship. Prior to the successful individual being offered the internship, a small number of applicants will be interviewed.
Please note that we do not accept speculative applications, but only those related to an advertised position.
If the application is from abroad, applicants, prior to submitting their applications should ensure that they have met the necessary visa requirements for the UK.
Applications from individuals who do not have the appropriate visa will be turned down. Please note, Chatham House is unable to act as a work sponsor or provide visa support for applicants.
There’s no specific number of internships a person can apply for. If applicants are unsuccessful, they are encouraged to apply for other suitable opportunities when they become available.
After application, applicants that are successful are given interview questions to answer before they’re granted Chatham House internship 2020.
Chatham House is a world-leading policy institute with a mission to help governments and societies build a sustainably secure, prosperous and just world.
Applicants can follow Chatham House by signing up to Chatham House in order to get the latest analyses, publications, research projects, news & events
You can connect with Chatham House via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and via other social media accounts.
For any queries, applicants are to please contact the Human Resources of Chatham House. Furthermore, for applicants to understand the views and practices regarding their personal data and how it will be treated, they are to please read Chatham House’s privacy notice for recruitment.
There is no limit on the number of internships a person can apply for. If applicants are unsuccessful, they are encouraged to apply for other suitable opportunities when they become available.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: https://www.chathamhouse.org/jobs/interns-information
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- International Students Quebec Government Research Internship In Canada
- Fully Funded US-MEPI Undergraduate Student Leaders Program For Students From the Middle East and North Africa
- United Nations Global Compact Summer Internship– USA
- Amazing Facts you need to know about Harvard Housing
- Academy Asia Senior Fellowship | Chatham House Award, UK
- 15 Types of Internships for International Students [Detailed Guide]
- Vodacom Internship Programme
- Apply for Chatham House Africa Internship Program
- L’Oreal Internships| Marketing
- Academy Robert Bosch Fellowship for Young African Scientists(deadline extended)
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, Leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. if no, leave an on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.