For the long Memory for a great icon Thomas and Lulu Charleston who have great value for learning and education, the Charleston Family Trust Scholarship was established.
Both were born and raised in the segregated South of The United States of America. They showed great strength in pursuing higher education to better their lives and that of their family.
About Sponsor of the Charleston Family Trust Scholarship
Mr. Charleston was a lifetime member of the National Association for the Advancement of Color (NAACP), a sponsor of the United Negro College Fund’s Southern Poverty Law Center, and had a long and comprehensive career with the Assistant Justice Department of California. at Folsom State Prison.
Charleston’s hard work and perseverance allowed them to leave a part of their inheritance to those who would be unable to complete education because they felt that “education in their life’s journey is paramount.” Their hope was to enrich the lives of those who receive this gift so that the recipient can do the same for the next generation.
Charleston Scholarship Requirements?
- Be African American and legal residents of the United States;
- Have a cumulative grade point average of a 2.5 on a 4.0 scale and submit an uploaded official or unofficial current college academic transcript which demonstrates this GPA.
- Have completed a FAFSA and demonstrate a financial need based upon the review of a Financial Aid office official;
- Be enrolled currently as a full-time Undergraduate college student at any 4-year accredited institution. Note** High school seniors are INELIGIBLE to apply for this scholarship, it is ONLY for current full time enrolled undergraduate students;
- Complete an online application
How Much is Charleston Family Trust Scholarship Worth?
Successful candidates can win up to $3,000 (based upon student’s financial need). Only U.S. Citizen, U.S. national or permanent resident can receive the award. African Americans can apply for the Charles Family Trust Scholarship.
How to be a Charleston Family Trust Scholar :
Applicants will be needing an Application Form which can be gotten through the contact Pia Holland at [email protected] for details. You are required to write an essay to apply. You have to be accessed in terms of your Financial Need Analysis
The Scholarship ended on 3/8/2019 11:59 PM EST. The 2019-2020 Edition will start on 2/12/2019 10:00 AM EST. Set a reminder to it
We also Recommend
- Tarleton State University Scholarships 2019-2020
- Top 6 Medical Colleges in USA and Their Tuition fees
- 10 Tuition Free Universities in USA For International Students in 2019
- John and Abigail Adams Scholarship 2019
- Avacare Medical Scholarship 2019/2020 | UPDATED
- The Prudential Spirit of Community Awards Scholarships
- Eagle Scout Scholarships 2019-2020 (UPDATED)
- Murdoch First Undergraduate Scholarship in Australia 2019
- Masergy STEM Scholarship 2019-2020 [worth $5000]
Charleston Family Trust Scholarship 2019-2020 will award African Black Americans who are High School Seniors, & College Students, with $3,000 worth of funding…