Chandranna Bima Scholarship Scheme in India, 2019
Applications are submitted for the Chandranna Bima Scholarship Program; the program is also referred to as Chandranna Bheema scholarship. The scholarship includes Rs.1200 per annum for scholarship per child up to two children of the recipient, who study in 9th, 10th, intermediate or ITI.
Also called Chandranna Bima Yojana, the scheme was launched by the state government of Andhra Pradesh to benefit labourers in unorganised sectors such as agricultural labourers, artisans, small self-employed people, petty traders, vendors, hamals and shop employees. Under this insurance policy scheme, persons Below poverty line and labourers will get the facility of insurance under this scheme.
The main objective of this program is to provide assistance to families of non-unorganized workers in the event of death or disability of non-unorganized workers leaving families in need.
Level/Field of the Study
This Chandranna Scholarship is been awarded in India.
The Chandranna Bheema Scholarship is available to only Indians.
The beneficiaries of the Chandranna Bima Scholarship will receive their rewards as follows:
- Rs. 5 lakh in case of accidental death and total disability: Rs. 2,25,000/- (Rupees two lakh twenty-five thousand) from State Accident Death and Disability Scheme, Rs.75,000/- (Rupees seventy-five thousand) under Aam Admi Bima Yojana (AABY) and Rs.2,00,000/- (Rupees two lakh) from Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY).
- Up toRs.3,62,500/- for Partial Disability: Up to Rs.2,25,000/- (Rupees two lakh twenty-five thousand) from State Accident Death and Disability Scheme, Rs.1,00,000/- (Rupees one lakh) from PMSBY and Rs.37,500 from AABY.
- Rs.30,000/- for natural death under Aam Admi Bima Yojana (AABY).
- Rs.1200/- p.a. towards scholarship per child up to two children of the beneficiary, who study in 9th, 10th, intermediate or ITI.
To be eligible for the Chandranna Bheema scholarship, applicants must be either of the following.
- Unorganized workers aged 18 to 59 (according to AABY standards).
- Unorganized workers in the 60 to 70 age group.
Important Features of the Scheme
The following are some noticeable features of the Chandranna Bheema Scholarship for students:
- All unorganised workers in the State in the age group of 18 to 70 years are eligible to be registered as unorganised workers and enrolled as beneficiaries of the Chandranna Bima Scholarship.
- All unorganised workers will be registered under the Unorganised Workers Social Security Act, 2008 and enrolled as beneficiaries under Chandranna Bima Scheme.
- SERP will be in charge of the registration of unorganised workers and their enrollment in the Chandranna Bima Scheme, data entry, maintenance of the database, hard copies of signed applications and other related matters.
- Assistant Labour Officer of the Labour Department shall be the Registering Authority.
- The registered unorganised workers will be enrolled as members under State Accident Death and Disability Scheme and under Aam Admi Bima Yojana (AABY) and will also be covered under the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY).
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the Chandranna Bheema scholarship 2019 should click on the link provided below to apply:
The Chandranna Bheema scholarship Application Form can also be downloaded below
The application deadline for the Chandranna Bheema scholarship for students was not given. However, interested applicants should contact the employer for the deadline.
For more information on the Chandranna Bheema scholarship application, applicants should click on the link below: