If you are an Indian student, there is an opportunity for you. The application is open for the Chandranna Bima Scholarship Program.
The scholarship includes Rs.1200 per annum for scholarship per child up to two children of the recipient, who study in 9th, 10th, intermediate or ITI.
About Chandranna Bima Scholarship Scheme
The main object of this scheme is to provide relief to the families of unorganized workers in case of death or disability of the unorganized worker leaving the families in great distress.
All India statistics indicate that Andhra Pradesh is one of the States with a large number of accidents. The death or disability due to the accident of an unorganized worker results in misery to his family and hardship caused by reduced earnings and medical and other expenditures relating to the accident.
Hence, there is every need to provide accident death and disability insurance to the work towards social security. Further, even the natural death of an unorganized worker results in undue hardship to the family members left by the worker who needs to be provided some relief.
Level/Field of the Study
This Chandranna Scholarship holds in India.
The Chandranna Bheema Scholarship is available to only Indians.
The beneficiaries of the Chandranna Bima Scholarship will receive their rewards as follows:
- Rs. 5 lakh in case of accidental death and total disability: Rs. 2,25,000/- (Rupees two lakh twenty-five thousand) from State Accident Death and Disability Scheme, Rs.75,000/- (Rupees seventy-five thousand) under Aam Admi Bima Yojana (AABY) and Rs.2,00,000/- (Rupees two lakh) from Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY).
- Up toRs.3,62,500/- for Partial Disability: Up to Rs.2,25,000/- (Rupees two lakh twenty-five thousand) from State Accident Death and Disability Scheme, Rs.1,00,000/- (Rupees one lakh) from PMSBY and Rs.37,500 from AABY.
- Rs.30,000/- for natural death under Aam Admi Bima Yojana (AABY).
- Rs.1200/- p.a. towards scholarship per child up to two children of the beneficiary, who study in 9th, 10th, intermediate or ITI.
To be eligible for the Chandranna Bheema scholarship, applicants must be either of the following.
- Unorganized workers aged 18 to 59 (according to AABY standards).
- Unorganized workers in the 60 to 70 age group.
Important Features of the Scheme
The following are some noticeable features of the Chandranna Bheema Scholarship for students:
How to Apply
No deadline yet. However, interested applicants should contact the employer for the deadline.
For more information on the Chandranna Bheema scholarship application click here