Applications are currently been accepted for the CERN International Studentships in Switzerland 2018-19, eligible persons are welcome to apply for this program.
The CERN Studentships (Summer Student Program) offers undergraduate and junior post-graduate students of physics, computing and engineering a unique opportunity to join in the day-to-day work of research teams participating in experiments at CERN in Geneva, Switzerland.
Level: undergraduate and graduate
Field(s): physics, computing or engineering.
Scholarship covers: Those students with CERN financial support: -Applicants will receive a subsistence allowance to cover the cost of accommodation and meals in the Geneva area for a single person. -The CERN Housing Service will assist you in finding accommodation on, or near the site of the laboratory. -A limited number of travel scholarships will be available (on a lump sum basis).
School(Institutions/ Country): | Switzerland
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): CERN Studentships are targeted for Students of any nationality (who are not a national of a CERN Member State)
To apply for CERN Studentships , applicants are required to apply the following requirements:
- Applicants are not a national of a CERN Member State.
- Applicants are a university-level undergraduate (at least third year students) or at the start of post-graduate studies.
- Applicants will remain registered as a student during they stay at CERN. If applicants expect to graduate in the European summer 2018, they are also eligible to apply.
- Applicants have not worked at CERN before (e.g. as a User or Technical Student).
- Applicants have a good knowledge of English; knowledge of French would be an advantage.
Scholarship Application Method
- RECENT REFERENCE LETTERS – Once your application has been submitted, you will receive an acknowledgment of receipt which contains a link. You must forward this link to your two referees so that they can upload their recommendation letter. In order to be considered for the programme we need to receive TWO RECENT REFERENCE LETTERS.
- MOST RECENT ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPT (official document giving an overview of your marks; either issued from your university or copy of the transcript from your university portal) – If the academic transcript is not written in latin characters please upload also a translation (English or French) (can be made by you).
- CV (English or French)
Please make sure your application and your CV are as detailed as possible. This will facilitate the projects assignment at later stage.
Please only upload the required documents for this position and ensure a good/readable quality of those. Moreover, it is very important that you always choose the correct document type.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED!
‣ Applicants are required to submitted via apply now!
‣ References: Please note that you should upload two reference letters from your professors, as well as the Grades’ Transcripts in order to be considered for selection.
‣ It is also recommended that you upload a recent CV in English or French.
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date: Please APPLY ONLINE before 28th January 2018 (23:59 CET) and make sure the documents below are uploaded to your profile (with the correct document type) before 31st January 2018
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.