CERGE-EI PhD Scholarships in Economics for International Students in Czech Republic.
CERGE-EI PhD Scholarships. Center for Economic Research & Graduate Education–Economics Institute (CERGE-EI) offers PhD Scholarships for international students in Czech Republic. The PhD in Economics program consists of 2 years of MA course work followed by 2 – 3 years of supervised PhD dissertation research, giving you both a Czech and US PhD degree in Economics upon graduation. The majority of doctorate students are fully supported through tuition scholarships and stipends, as well as research and teaching opportunities. Gain also the opportunity to conduct part of your research at a top Western university, through the Student Mobilities Program, including visiting universities such as Princeton, UCL and more.
The CERGE-EI PhD program is designed for outstanding students who desire a rigorous academic experience in economics. Whether you aspire to pursue a career in economics academia or a high-level position in the public or private sphere, CERGE-EI’s program fully equips PhD candidates for the job market, including preparation for the American Economics Association’s annual job placement service. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Czech Republic
Level: PhD Degree
Deadline: April 30
Funded By: Center for Economic Research & Graduate Education – Economics Institute (CERGE-EI)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups):CERGE-EI PhD Scholarships are targeted for International Students.
‣ Award No: About 250 application are received each year. Although it varies from year to year, typically about between 10 and 15 students are offered
|direct admission to the PhD program and an additional 60 students are invited to the Preparatory semester. From this latter group, approximately 30 are eventually admitted to the program
‣ Scholarship Duration: 2 years of MA course work followed by 2 – 3 years of supervised PhD dissertation research, giving you both a Czech and US PhD degree in Economics upon graduation.
‣ Scholarship covers: The majority of doctorate students are fully supported through tuition scholarships and stipends, as well as research and teaching opportunities. Gain also the opportunity to conduct part of your research at a top Western university, through the Student Mobilities Program, including visiting universities such as Princeton, UCL and more.
‣ The CERGE-EI PhD Scholarships in Economics program is designed for outstanding students who desire a rigorous graduate education in economics at a modern, international institution with the goal of pursuing an academic career or entering a high-level position in an international organization, central bank, government ministry or in the private sector.
‣ The program leads to an MA degree awarded under an absolute charter granted by the State of New York, USA, and to a PhD degree which has an absolute charter granted by the State of New York, USA, and is fully accredited in the Czech Republic under the Charles University in Prague.
‣ Under normal circumstances, PhD Graduates receive both American and Czech doctoral degrees, while MA graduates receive only an American degree.
To avail CERGE-EI PhD Scholarships, candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ Any individual from any country is welcome to submit an application.
‣ There is no application fee.
‣ CERGE-EI does not discriminate on the basis of nationality, race, gender, or religion.
‣ Background requirements for CERGE-EI PhD Scholarships
- A strong background in mathematics is essential.
- Sufficient proficiency in English to read, write and fully understand study material necessary.
- Previous education in economics is welcomed, but not required. Many successful students have previous backgrounds in math, law, political science or other disciplines.
‣ Educational requirements for CERGE-EI PhD Scholarships
- A Master’s degree or its equivalent that can be nostrified in the Czech Republic (or expectation to complete a Master’s degree by June of the year when you are applying) is the best credential for admission.
- Strong students with a Bachelor’s Degree may also apply directly to the PhD program, however, their financial support is determined on an individual basis. Masters degree holders are usually given full financial support.
- Students whose highest credential is a Bachelor’s degree are advised to apply for the Joint Masters in Economics program, which is run by CERGE-EI and the Institute of Economic Studies (IES) at the Faculty of Social Sciences of Charles University in Prague. The JME covers a substantial portion of the PhD curriculum.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: The deadline for all documents to be delivered to CERGE-EI is April 30. However, citizens of countries with visa requirements are strongly recommended to apply as soon as possible to smoothen the process of invitation to the Czech Republic.
The application deadline is the 30 of April (23:59 Central European Summer Time) of each year. There is no application fee.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
– See more at: http://www.scholarshipsbar.com/cerge-ei-phd-scholarships.html#sthash.3PIu0I22.dpuf