SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
CEDIK Appalachian Health Career Scholarships
The Community and Economic Development Initiative of Kentucky (CEDIK) at the University of Kentucky is administrating CEDIK Appalachian Health Career Scholarships. The funding has been provided by the New York Community Trust, to Appalachian students seeking education in health or a health‐related field. The scholarship is available for the full- or part-time students and accepted into an accredited college or university. Scholarships are designed to combat the growing healthcare professional shortage in the Appalachian region. Students will get up to $2,500 per semester for one academic year.
The Rural Health Information Hub, formerly the Rural Assistance Center, is funded by the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy to be a national clearinghouse on rural health issues. They are committed to supporting healthcare and population health in rural communities. Their mission is to catalyze positive change to build engaged communities and vibrant economies.
- Applying candidates must be seeking education in health or a health‐related field located in the Appalachian region
- Scholarships are allocated for full‐time students. Part‐time students are eligible to apply for partial scholarships. Students must be from an ARC defined Appalachian county to be eligible.
How to Apply:
- Application form can be downloaded from given link: http://cedik.ca.uky.edu/files/cedik_scholarship_application_form_2017_final.pdf
- Applying for the scholarship, you can attach a brief essay that will acquaint the selection committee with the nature of your interest in the medical field as:
- What inspired your interest, what you have learned and accomplished already, what you have done to prepare yourself and what audiences you aspire to serve in the medical field.
- Give a brief description of your future goals once you have completed your degree. Limit to 2 single‐spaced typed pages.
- Please submit the essay and resume as printed copies with the application packet.
Please include the following material to be considered for this scholarship:
- Printed application form
- Written essay (details on page 3)
- Certified high school transcript
- Resume (details on page 3)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Transcripts from any previously attended college or technical program
- Evidence of acceptance to an accredited college or university
Submit complete packet (Application form and other required documents) via mail to:
CEDIK Appalachian Health Career Scholarship Committee
C/o Sarah Bowker
419 C.E. Barnhart Building
Lexington, KY 40546‐0276
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Students will get Up to $2,500 per semester for one academic year.
Applications are accepted until April 21, 2017, for CEDIK Appalachian Health Career Scholarship Program.
Link for More Information: