CBC Spouses Heineken USA Performing Arts Scholarship
Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Inc. is pleased to offer Arts Scholarship program for the African-American or black student. This award is for full-time students with majors in the performing arts including, but not limited to, drama, music, dance, opera, marching bands, and other musical ensembles. This program is established to ensure that students pursuing a degree in the performing arts receive financial assistance. Scholarship award of $3,000.00 will be given to the deserving candidate.
Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Inc. (CBCF)’s mission is to advance the global black community by developing leaders, informing policy, and educating the public.
- U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident
- Currently/planning to be enrolled in the upcoming academic year as a full-time undergraduate student (students pursuing a graduate degree in the fall are ineligible)
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Pursuing a major and career in a performing art
- Exhibit leadership ability and participate in community service activities
- Selected applicants will be qualified African-American or black student
How to Apply:
Applying for the scholarship, the candidates must register themselves through the given link:
Online Application Requirements:
- Personal statement (500-1,000 words). Students should use the same personal statement when applying for multiple scholarships.
- TWO (2) electronically submitted letters of recommendation. We suggest one come from a community or public service leader (i.e. church leader, community leader, volunteer organization). The application provides instructions for your references to upload their letters.
- An electronic copy of detailed Federal Student Aid Report (SAR); this report comes from the US Department of Education and is typically 5 pages in length. This should be uploaded to the online application as a PDF document.
- Resume (3 pages maximum) detailing your academics, extracurricular activities, honors, employment, community service, and special skills.
- A Recent photograph suitable for publication (i.e., a cap and gown picture, or other professional quality and professionally dressed photograph).
- Official transcript (all pages, in color, and legible) scanned and uploaded as ONE (1) PDF file. We are no longer accepting applications via postal mail.
- 2-minute visual recording sample (follow these instructions). Applicant must be easily identified and the file must be saved in a format playable on Windows Media Player. It is suggested you create your video sample on a PC to ensure it is playable on Windows Media Player.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Scholarship award of $3,000.00 will be given to the winning candidate.
The deadline for scholarship application is April 21, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email at: scholarships-at-cbcfinc.org