The University of Southern Maine is delighted to offer the Catharine Wilder Guiles Scholarship to students with the potentials of working with the adult mental health population in the state of Maine.The program is intended for students who are matriculated into their second year of the MS in Nursing program, Family Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner concentration or the MSW program. The purpose of the program is to help those students who are a Maine resident with a demonstrated financial need. The winners of the scholarship will receive $2,000 award for the academic year.
The University of Southern Maine is a multi-campus public comprehensive university and part of the University of Maine System. USM’s three primary campuses are located in Portland, Gorham, and Lewiston in the U.S.
- Must be matriculated into either the MS in Nursing program, Family Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner concentration or the MSW program
- Must be in the second year of graduate program
- Must be a Maine resident with a demonstrated financial need
- Preference will be given to students who plan to work with adults in the public sector of the State of Maine
How to Apply:
To be applying for the scholarship, the Students may download the scholarship application go through the given link: https://cms.usm.maine.edu/sites/default/files/scholarships/Catharine%20Wilder%20Guiles%20Application%202017-2018.pdf
- Submit a current resume
The complete application package must submit to Sydney Pontau Office of Graduate Studies University of Southern Maine by the following ways:
- Mailing Address: Campus Address: PO Box 9300 218 Abromson Portland, ME 04104-9300 Portland Campus
- E-mail to: email@example.com
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The University of Southern Maine will provide $2,000 for the academic year ($1,000 per semester)
The application deadline is due on April 30, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, contact to Sydney Pontau at Assistant Director of Graduate Studies 124B Wishcamper, Portland Campus, 207-780-4877 or email: sydney.pontau-at-maine.edu