Are you a 3rd class graduate who thinks that all hope is lost to pursue a graduate degree? do not deter. The Australia Awards Scholarships grants over 1,000 scholarships to African students with 3rd class.There are two categories of Award: Australian Awards Scholarships, to undertake higher degree studies in Australia at the Master's level and Australia Awards Short … [Read more...] about 1,000 Australia Awards Scholarships for African Students With 3rd Class
2016 Full Scholarships for African Students to Study Home & Abroad 2020
Africa Scholarships 2020
Are You An African student who attempts to pursue studies in any part of the world but is worried about the Financial Implications? well, Worry no more because there are lots of scholarships for African students trying to study anywhere, a few of those scholarships are fully funded scholarships, African scholarships for undergraduates and a few are graduate scholarships. Most of these are organized and tailored to Meet with the student need of almost any student.
How Do I Apply For Scholarships as An African?
Don’t let study abroad costs get you down. A common misconception about study abroad is that it is unaffordable, but guess what? There are literally thousands of study abroad scholarships and grants out there, just waiting for you to apply for them! And who doesn’t love free money? We all get those heart-eye-emoji vibes just thinking about it.
but being smart with your money before studying abroad is just one stepping stone on the way to bigger and better adventures. Smart saving tactics mixed with financial aid (like scholarships to study abroad) mean you’ll be able to *finally* achieve your travel goal — just as long as you’re willing to put in the work of applying!
We know you want to travel in great places, but since you're busy juggling school, work, family, and friend commitments, we didn't want to waste YOUR time with outdated ideas or strategies to help you win those awards. We wanted to cut to the chase. Pick a destination (ideally one of the best), then without further ado, read our barebones advice on how to study abroad with scholarship.
Step 1. Ask for Help
First and foremost, don’t be afraid to reach out to the people around you for help. Contact your university’s study abroad office, your professors, the financial aid office, and your academic advisors to ask them about scholarships or grants that they may know of.
If possible, go in-person to these offices to ask for advice on how to get a scholarship to study abroad, rather than just emailing or calling. Not only will this make it easier for your professors or study abroad office to help you, but they’ll be impressed with your clear determination and initiative in arriving to discuss financial aid in person. The hardest part of getting study abroad scholarships is simply finding them, so be sure to ask the professionals if they know of any!
Step 2. Research, Research, Research
It cannot be said enough: do your research! The more scholarships you can apply for, the more financial aid you will get. You can start by exploring the world scholarship forum. There are also a number of other resources, such as NAFSA, that compile lists of scholarships for study abroad students, but this list is not exhaustive and there are many different types of scholarships to study abroad that you should also explore, including:
- Location-Specific Grants/Scholarships to Study Abroad: These scholarships or grants are created to encourage students to study in specific countries, or even certain cities, such as scholarships specifically for students looking to study in Japan. You might find these scholarships provided by your university, by the government of the country you plan to study in, or even by the government of your home country, which hopes to foster international relations through the exchange of study abroad students.
- Program-Specific Study Abroad Scholarships/Grants: These scholarships or grants are often offered to students who decide to study abroad through a particular program. This could be the independent study abroad provider or through a particular program crafted by your university, and only students who plan to study through that program qualify to apply.
- Subject-Specific Grants/Scholarships for Studying Abroad: Many grants or scholarships are awarded to students who plan to pursue a certain field of study or major while abroad, such as Foreign Language Scholarships. This financial aid can be incredibly specific, zeroing in on not just the subject, but also a certain subject to be studied in a particular country.
- Student-Specific Scholarships/Grants: Some scholarships are awarded based on the students themselves, due to factors such as gender, race, religion, disabilities, or sexual orientation. For instance, there is specific study abroad scholarships for high school students! With a demand for more diverse study abroad students, programs such as Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2020 or DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2020 are especially helpful for students searching for financial aid. Study abroad scholarships for minorities are out there, you just have to find them!
- University-Provided Study Abroad Scholarships/Grants: Many universities provide scholarships or grants on a merit-basis to be generally applied to any students looking to study abroad. However, don’t just research financial aid provided by your home university! Study abroad grants for undergraduates can be available from different institutions depending on your affiliations. Also, look at the university you will be studying at while abroad; many higher education institutions throughout the world provide scholarships for international students to encourage a more diverse student body to attend their university.
- Organization-Provided Scholarships/Grants: Be sure to do a proper research of nonprofit, chapter, or heritage organizations that may provide scholarships or grants to deserving students who match their criteria. Prime examples include Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2020
- or students of Italian or Hispanic descent. The possibilities are endless!
- Government-Funded Scholarships/Grants for Study Abroad: Aside from assuring that your FAFSA financial aid will carry over for your study abroad semester, there are a number of government-funded grants or scholarships that encourage students to study or do work abroad. Good examples of this include the Fulbright Program, or Chevening Scholarships and Fellowships, which are funded by the UK government specifically for international student leaders looking to study in the UK.
Step 3. Contact the Scholarship/Grant Funder Directly
The best way to know all the nitty-gritty details of the scholarships you will be applying for, as well as up-to-date application requirements, is to contact the funder directly — they practically wrote the book on how to get a scholarship to study abroad! Not only will this ensure that you have all the correct information, you will also be showing the scholarship or grant funder/provider that you are not afraid to take the initiative and actively pursue the scholarship you are applying for.
Get. On. Their. Radar!
Step 4. Tweak Your Resume
Once you’ve compiled your list of study abroad scholarships that you plan on applying for, you now have to work on actually being awarded the scholarships. A huge part of this is your resume! Be sure to highlight any international experience you’ve had, update all of your recent campus activities and try not to go over one page. Writing concisely is important.
Cover letters go hand-in-hand with resumes, and are sometimes a crucial part of an application, as they can be your one chance to make an argument for why you deserve to be awarded a scholarship. However, you can’t just send in a generic cover letter about the wonders of a student you are. Focus on how you plan to translate your lessons from abroad into your life on campus and at home.
If you are applying for scholarships to study abroad provided by an international university, be sure to research how that country typically organizes their resumes or cover letters and, if you’re confident enough in your language skills, you could try writing them in the language of the country you will be studying in!
Step 5. Apply, Apply Apply!
It may seem tiring but apply for study abroad scholarships as quickly and thoroughly as you can. This bit WILL require considerable amounts of time and patience, but every little bit counts. Since you've already done a lot of legwork, your process should run smoothly. Even smaller awards all add up and ultimately will allow you to have a much more affordable and less stressful summer, semester, or year abroad!
Also, be sure to customize your applications whenever possible, and avoid the temptation to simply copy and paste from one application to another. Scholarship providers know when you’ve done your research on the values of their foundation or the focus of a specific scholarship. Customizing each application will give you a much better chance of becoming a pro at figuring out how to study abroad with scholarship.
Step 6. Take Your Time & Take it Seriously
It can be easy to feel the need to rush through applications, especially if you are applying to a number of them. However, you should treat study abroad applications just as seriously as the applications you completed to be accepted into your university. Read and follow the directions for scholarships to study abroad, and leave yourself enough time to complete all of your applications without feeling like you’re under a heavy-hammer deadline. You’ll turn out better-quality work if you do not feel rushed, and better-quality work means a better chance for more financial aid!
At the end of the day, the most important thing to remember is to put in the time and effort when applying to study abroad scholarships, just as much as you would for any other academic scholarship, and you are sure to see the results. Even if you do not receive as many scholarships for your study abroad experience as you would have hoped, there are other options to fund your time abroad with crowdfunding websites such as FundMyTravel or even by finding tutoring and babysitting jobs while you are abroad (an excellent way to immerse yourself in the culture you are studying in!).
Staying organized, working hard, and following these tips will lead you to score a study abroad scholarship, and will ultimately lead you to achieve your goal of studying abroad.
Study in Africa with Scholarships and Financial Aid – Find the best scholarships for African students studying college degree in Africa and abroad.
Here we have listed scholarships that will meet any of the following
- African scholarships for undergraduates
- Masters scholarships in Africa
- Scholarships for Africa
- African scholarships
- Scholarships in Africa
- Undergraduate scholarships for African students
- Scholarships in the USA for African students
- African graduate scholarship
- European scholarships for African students
- scholarships study Africa
- postgraduate scholarships Africa
- free scholarships for Africans
Nigeria is endowed with historic culture and a favorable study environment. Contrary to popular assumption, studying in Africa is fascinating and cost-effective.The University of Ibadan is one of such schools in Nigeria that offer top academic programs that blends African rich culture and good education.This article compiles relevant information on the University of … [Read more...] about University of Ibadan: Admission, Fees, Courses, Ranking, Postgraduate & Alumni
Study in Australia scholarships and other international Scholarships is available to Egyptian students, African students, and international students from some other selected Developing countries to study in Australia.The Australian Government, Universities, and some concerned organizations offer a wide range of Australian scholarships for international students from the … [Read more...] about Australian Scholarships for Egyptian Students 2020
One hurdle that most students find challenging when it comes to pursuing a medical career is cost. Generally, medical studies are very expensive because of its relevance and importance in the existence of man and its complexities in learning.This has restricted so many students and even led some into giving up their dream of building a medical career. Fortunately, … [Read more...] about Best Medical Scholarships For African Students | 2020
Are you an African student battling with the ups and downs of finding a good university, completing college applications, and footing the tuition fees? We are happy to announce 17 Scholarships for Egypt to Study in UK 2021.The Scholarships listed below are not only open to Egypt students but also talented North African students and students from developing countries. The … [Read more...] about 17 Scholarships for Egypt to Study in UK 2021