Catch A Break Scholarship Program is open to high school seniors or graduate students and it’s also administered by the Scholarship America Non-profit Organization.
The students that are eligible are those registered for the first time in full-time undergraduate studies in an accredited public four-year university or college in Minnesota.
Just take your time and go through this article, the World Scholarship Forum has arranged every detail you need to be a participant in the Catch a Break Scholarship.
More About the Catch a Break Scholarship 2020
Catch a Break Scholarship awards are given to allow recipients to graduate debt-free after four years of study. As a way to guarantee a smooth transition into school, students can’t work throughout their freshman year. The winners of the Catch a Break Scholarship will receive an award up to $10,000.
Level/Field of Study
Catch A Break Scholarship 2020 is open to high school seniors or graduates.
The Catch A Break Scholarship is hosted in the USA and administered by Scholarship America, one of the nation’s biggest managers of scholarship, tuition assistance and other education support programs for corporations, associations, individuals and foundations.
Scholarship America was founded in 1958 by Dr. Irving A. Fradkin with a mission to mobilize America through scholarships and other educational aid to make postsecondary success possible for everybody.
Catch A Break Scholarship Program is open for application to US citizens and residents.
If successful, the student will get an award up to $10,000. Also, the scholarship award is meant to allow recipients to graduate debt-free after four decades of all study.
However, these awards are considered ‘the last dollar in’ and will probably also be based on the yearly total cost of attending the student’s school of choice as determined by the College Board less additional gift aid.
Awards are for undergraduate study only.
Applicants for the Catch a Break Scholarship 2020 must meet the following criteria:
- Current high school seniors or graduates,21 and under.
- Be US citizens and residents of Minnesota.
- Be accepted for registration for the very first time in full-time undergraduate studies in an accredited public four-year college or university in Minnesota for the entire 2020-2021 academic calendar year.
- Live on campus for the first year of undergraduate studies.
- Have a minimum composite ACT score of 24 or higher.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent)
How to Apply
To apply, interested applicants should click on the link below:
As part of your application, you must upload the following documents:
- A current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted.
- Copy of the first two pages of the most recently filed IRS Form 1040 used for the Financial Information Page.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- A completed High School Transcript Form (click to view and print the form) for High school students only.
All materials, including transcript, should be addressed: Catch a Break.
The deadline for the submission o the application form is March annually.
Selection of Recipients
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of academic record, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, honors, work experience and/or home responsibilities, statement of goals and aspirations, unusual personal or family circumstances and an essay.
Financial need as calculated by Scholarship America must be shown for the student to receive an award.
However, the selection of finalists is made by Scholarship America and a selection committee will interview finalists and select recipients. Notwithstanding, all applicants have to agree to accept the decision as final.
Applicants will be informed in May. Not all applicants to the program will be selected as recipients.
For more information on the scholarship, applicants should click on the link below:
- Be More Scholarships for High School Students in US, 2020
- $5000 Gladys Carol Scholarship for Graduate Students 2020
- $500 CareerFitter Scholarship 2020
- Vamos Scholarship 2020
- APPLY NOW: NAEHCY Scholarship 2020 in the USA
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if no, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.