Last updated on September 23rd, 2017 at 09:08 pm
National Sportsmanship Foundation is glad to invite applications for The Carl Fricks Sportsmanship Scholarship to graduating high school seniors from the St. Louis metro area who embody outstanding sportsmanship.
The aim of the scholarship is to provide financial help to the students who want to achieve higher education.
In late 2012, the St. Louis Sports Commission launched the National Sportsmanship Foundation to change the way society views and values sportsmanship. As it grows, the National Sportsmanship Foundation intends to develop education programs, conduct research, and serve as a convener for groups focused on sportsmanship and youth sports across the country.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing graduate high school seniors.
Study Subject: Scholarship will be awarded in the field of sports.
Scholarship Award: The recipient of the scholarship program’s top award in 2017 will receive $10,000 to use for higher education expenses. Additionally, up to $5,000 will be awarded to one or multiple runner-up recipients as determined by the scholarship selection committee.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Must be a graduating high school senior.
- Must attend a high school in the St. Louis metropolitan area (Illinois counties: Bond, Calhoun, Clinton, Jersey, Macoupin, Madison, Monroe, St. Clair; Missouri counties: Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln, Saint Charles, Saint Louis City, St. Louis County, Warren).
- Must not be attending college on a full scholarship. Students receiving partial scholarships are eligible.
Nationality: Students from the USA ( high school seniors from the St. Louis metro area) can apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English language Requirements: Students must meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
Required Application Materials:
- Sportsmanship Scholarship recipients will be selected by members of the St. Louis Sports Commission Associates’ Scholarship Committee. Before consideration, each applicant must provide to the committee the following documentation:
- Fully completed Sportsmanship Scholarship Applicant Form (attached).
- Two Sportsmanship Scholarship Recommendation Forms (attached) each with a letter of recommendation from a coach, athletic director, teacher, school administrator or fellow student attesting to the applicant’s outstanding sportsmanship. At least one recommendation must come from a coach or athletic director.
- A personal essay from the applicant in 350-500 words (typed, single-spaced and in multiple paragraphs) describing why he or she is deserving of the scholarship and addressing their commitment to sportsmanship. The applicant is encouraged to articulate the importance they place on sportsmanship and share examples of when they have demonstrated extraordinary character in sports.
Application Deadline: The Application Deadline is April Annually