STEP BY STEP PROCEDURES TO GET CANADA STUDENT VISA
Universities in Canada are ranked amongst the top 100 worldwide and over 100,000 international students enroll in Canadian Universities annually, so it is advised to process Canada Student Visa. Canada offers a soaring quality, research tilting education which is acknowledged worldwide. The country is often acknowledged as one of the most secured and multicultural environments suitable for international students.
The majority of the Canadian Universities are less expensive than in the United States and the United Kingdom, which makes them even more attractive for students.
It is necessary for all foreign students to obtain a student authority and visa prior to their migrating to study in Canada. A student ought to meet the requirements of the Canadian Immigration Act and Regulations under normal conditions. Kindly allow a minimum of four (4) to six (6) weeks for your visa to be processed.
Canada Student Visa Application
Below is the step by step procedures to get a Canadian student visa, provided in the below-given content by the qualified WSF team.
Step One (1): Apply for Admission at a Canadian University / College
First and foremost, to study in Canada, you should obtain approval of admission (Admission offer letter) from an accredited educational institution in Canada. There are various Universities and Colleges in Canada that offers a wide range of programmes and vast facilities to their students.
The most excellent way to find the right education provider is to carry out research on the best universities/colleges in Canada offering pertinent courses and shortlist a few of them.
After this process, glance through the website of the shortlisted colleges and select the appropriate one in terms of quality of education, ranking, programme structure, programme fee and other amenities for international students.
After the above process, then complete the application form to the institution of your choice. On the process of the application for admission, you will be required to submit a few documents. This includes proof of your previous academic qualifications, passport copy and proof of your English language proficiency. And then wait to receive your offer letter.
Step Two (2): Pay Tuition Fee
After accepting your offer letter from your educational institution, you ought to pay the tuition fee as its being stated in the offer letter. This payment is made through International Wire Transfer.
As soon as the institution receives the payment and process your tuition fee payment, a receipt will be issued to you by the University / College.
This payment receipt will be needed to lodge your Canada student visa application.
Step Three (3): Purchase of Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC)
It is essential for the students to buy a special guaranteed investment certificate (GIC) from any of the participating banks like SBI Canada Bank, Nova Scotia Bank, ICICI Bank, CIBC Bank. For the amount of Ten thousand two hundred US Dollars ($10,200) CAD for the adjustment of the living expenses for the 1st year.
Approximately Two hundred US Dollars ($200) will be deducted as the administrative charges by the Bank (this charge depends on the Bank). The student receives Two thousand US Dollars ($2000) immediately after arrival in Canada.
Subsequently, Eight thousand US Dollars ($8000) will be paid to the students in twelve (12) equivalent installments as monthly living expenses.
Step Four (4): Carry out Medical Tests
The candidate will be required to carry out a medical examination by a doctor approved by the Canadian government.
You can find a list of the approved panel by clicking here >
You will be issued a receipt for the medical tests, which will be required when you apply for a visa. The medical report will automatically be forwarded to the visa office.
Step Five (5): Visa Lodgment
To lodge your visa application you will be required to provide the following documents as per SDS Checklist:
- Visa Application Form
- Original valid passport with a photocopy of the Biodata page
- Family information form.
- Admission offer Letter / Acceptance Letter issued by the SDS Educational Institute in Canada
- Use of Representative Form (IMM 5476)
- Evidence of Proficiency in the English Language
- Academic Documents
- Tuition fee Payment Receipt
- Confirmation of GIC purchase
- Student Questionnaire
- Medical receipts / certificates, etc.
Step Six (6): Visa Outcome
Once you receive the passport, you will get to know about the outcome of your Canadian student visa application.
As soon as your Canadian student visa application is approved, you will receive a Port of Entry (POE) Letter of Introduction. Meanwhile, students from countries that require an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) or a temporary residence visa will be issued these if required.
The Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) will be linked to your passport. It is essential that you travel with the same passport which was used in the application of your study permit. The Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) will be valid for five (5) years or until the expiration of your passport, whichever comes first.
Proof of your finances and your Acceptance letter (and any other documents that you’ve been advised to take) should be presented alongside with your passport to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) will then issue your Canadian study permit and allow you access into Canada.
Canada Student Visa Requirements to Study
Canada is one of the countries most sorted by International Students, as they have a good educational system. Check out Canada Student Visa Requirements, the World Scholarship Forum Team has arranged all the details you need, Which includes Canada Student Visa Fees, Canada Student Visa rules and many more.
To study in Canada, international students are usually expected to apply for a visa in any Canadian embassy in their home country. But before the visa process, the student will have to first apply for admission and obtain an acceptance letter. This letter, together with other documents such as a valid international passport, financial support proof, passport photographs will be needed during the visa processing. Today, I’m going to list these vital documents needed to get a Canadian student visa.
Here is a list of documents that you need in order to apply for a Canada student visa. If any of the documents are missing, your application may be refused or rejected.
1. Acceptance letter
You must apply for and receive an acceptance letter from the school or college where you wish to study. You will need to apply for it early and it will cost about $80 to $120.
2. Valid Passport or Travel Document.
You must have a valid passport that guarantees reentry to the country that issued it.
3. Six Passport size Photographs
You will need to provide six passport size photographs.
4. Financial Support Proof
You must show proof that you have enough money to support yourself for your entire stay in Canada. Such evidence may include:
- Proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada;
- Your bank statements for the past four months;
- A bank draft in convertible currency;
- Proof of payment of tuition and residence fees;
- Proof of funding paid from within Canada if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program.
- Letter from your employer or sponsoring organization if you are being sponsored.
If foreign exchange control measures exist in your country, you must provide proof that you will be permitted by the exchange control authorities of your country to export funds for all of your expenses.
5. Completed Application for Study Permit.
You can download the application form
Read the instructions carefully before filling the form
6. Proof of payment of the application fee in an acceptable format.
7. If studying in Quebec, a valid CAQ.
Click here for more information on this.
8. Letter of explanation
Even if you do not require a study permit, you may wish to apply for one. If you decide that you want to continue your studies in another program after you complete your short-term course (less than six months), you should include a letter that explains why you are applying. The letter will inform the visa officer that you understand your options. For example, the letter might say:
‘Dear Visa Officer,
I would like to have a study permit for a ten-week course in English because I would like to apply to a Canadian-university program after I finish the course.’
Here is how WSF helps you:
- Our team of experts will provide you with a FREE Counseling session (Telephonic/In-person) to help you choose the right education provider and relevant course to study in Canada.
- We will equally give guidelines on how to apply to the chosen college. And also we take the responsibility of doing all the hard work of tracking the applications by keeping in touch with the university/college, on your behalf.
- We give you guidelines in paying your fees and also in the purchase of a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC).
- On the process of your admission application, we will give you guidelines on how to lodge your visa file and keep you updated on the progress of your application.
- As soon as we get to know the results of your application for your Canadian student visa, we will inform you and then you can collect your passport.
- We will equally guide you on how to go about your Proof of English Language Proficiency Test.
- At WSF, we will guide you on how to organize your travel arrangements to instigate your new student life in Canada. Information about Air ticket, insurance, and foreign exchange can also be arranged through us to make studying overseas easier.
To Process, the Canadian Students Visa follow this Link >
Also, we recommend Canada Scholarships
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- New Zealand Student Visa: Step by Step Procedures |2019
- Australia Student Visa: Step by Step Procedures in 2019
- Canada Student Visa Rules for Developing Countries
- UK Student Visa Requirements 2018 [DETAILED]
- Study In France: How to Apply for a Visa to Study in France (READ AND SHARE)
- Easy Step by Step Procedures to get Poland Student VISA
- Easy Procedures to Get Pakistan Student Visa Fast
- Tips On How to Apply for Admission and Visa to Study in Canada
- Easy Step by Step Procedures to Get Austria Student Visa
- Sure Tips to get China Student VISA Fast
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, Leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
World Scholarship Forum
Want to travel to Canada? Check out the Canadian Student Visa application for International students who wish to get University/College Education in Canada.