Canadian Government Scholarships 2019-2020 – APPLY
The Government of Canada is delighted to invite applications for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program 2019-2020 to strengthen Canada’s ability to attract and retain world-class doctoral students and establish Canada as a global center of excellence in research and higher learning. This is a Canadian Government Scholarship.
Vanier Scholars demonstrate leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in the social sciences and/or humanities, natural sciences and/or engineering and health.
Canada might be one of the most coveted destinations for international students, but unfortunately studying here doesn’t come cheap. For those keen to study in Canada but in need of financial support, we’ve rounded up This information for international students to apply for the Canadian government scholarships 2019.
What You Need To Know About The Canadian Government Scholarships
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. Read through for eligibility on how to get our scholarship ebook for free.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched Scholarships 2019
- 2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- ICCR Scholarships 2019-2020
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2019-2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2019-2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2019-2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2019-2020
Level/Field of Study
This is awarded to pursue Graduate studies in social sciences and/or humanities, natural sciences and/or engineering and health.
Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS are eligible to be nominated for a Vanier CGS.
Each Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship is valued at $50,000 per year.
Who is Eligible For The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
To be considered for a Vanier CGS, you must:
- be nominated by only one Canadian institution, which must have received a Vanier CGS quota;
- be pursuing your first doctoral degree (including joint undergraduate/graduate research program such as MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD – if it has a demonstrated and significant research component). Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
- intend to pursue, in the summer semester or the academic year following the announcement of results, full-time doctoral (or a joint graduate program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD) studies and research at the nominating institution; Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
- not have completed more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2019 (see calculating months of doctoral studies below);
- have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your institution, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent. Candidates are encouraged to contact the institution for its definition of a first-class average, and
- must not hold, or have held, a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
How to Apply For A Canadian Government Scholarship:
Before beginning an application please read the Application instructions carefully. The Vanier CGS agency-specific selection committees are multidisciplinary; applications should be written with a non-specialist research audience in mind.
Individual application documents can be submitted in either English or French. It is the candidate’s responsibility to ensure that the application is complete, including referee assessments.
Candidates must be nominated by a Canadian Institution with a quota at which they want to study. Candidates cannot apply directly to the Vanier CGS program.
Applications are initiated in one of two ways. Either the student informs the faculty of graduate studies at the selected institution of their intent to apply for the Vanier CGS program OR the institution initiates the nomination process by contacting the desired candidate.
Applications are prepared by the student and submitted to the nominating institution by their internal deadline using the ResearchNet application system. The nominating institution then forwards recommended nominations to the Vanier-Banting Secretariat (the Secretariat) by 31 October 2019.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and to know the complete details on how to apply for this scholarship.
ResearchNet application process: general information
- In ResearchNet, complete all tasks listed for the Vanier CGS application.
- Preview the Full Application Package version of your application in ResearchNet, using the “Preview Application Materials” task, to ensure that your application is complete. Note: What you see previewed is exactly how your application will look when submitted electronically to the Canadian nominating institution and to the Vanier CGS program.
- Print the entire application.
- Save the PDF version of the entire, completed application.
- Submit the completed electronic application through ResearchNet by completing the “Consent and Submit Application” task. Note: The nominating institution cannot accept your application until you complete this task.
- For technical help, call 1-888-603-4178 or 613-954-1968 or email [email protected] from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
- For program-related help, please contact [email protected].
Completing a Vanier CGS application
Tips: The following tips may help you in completing your application on ResearchNet. They are tips only; it is the responsibility of the student to submit a complete application:
- Bold text and stars indicate mandatory fields.
- It is important to save any additions or changes before navigating away from the task page(s).
- The status of all tasks must be indicated as complete in order for you to submit your application.
- Students should seek the advice of members of their faculty/department on content-related questions and how best to present the information in the application.
Scholarship Application Deadline: before 31 Oct 2019 (annual) Course starts May/Sept 2019
NOTE: IT IS IMPORTANT THAT EVERY APPLICANT VISITS THE THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION IF CONFUSED IN ANY OF THE PROCESS DURING APPLICATION
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- Latest Canada Scholarships for Undergraduates, Masters and PhD Programmes 2019-2020
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) in Canada, 2019
- Canada Graduate Scholarship(CGS) for Indigenous Students, 2019
- Top 15 International Scholarships for Nigerians to study in Canada 2019-2020
- List Of Canadian Scholarships for Chinese Students 2019-2020
- Top 20 Canada Scholarships for International students 2019-2020
- Top 15 Research Scholarships for International Students
- University of Waterloo in Canada
- Edufrica Scholarships for African Students in Africa and Overseas, 2019
- Top 14 Scholarships in Canada for International Students
- 17 Scholarships For Central African Republic To Study In UK 2019-2020
- Lundbeckfonden PhD Scholarships for International Students 2019-2020
- 20 Best PhD Scholarships in Canada | Study Abroad 2019
- List Of Canadian Scholarships for Chinese Students 2018-2019