SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
The Canadian government is delighted to invite applications for the Canadian Government Laboratories Visiting Fellowship Program 2018, this program is open to emerging scientists from across the globe.
Approved candidates to be offered a fellowship will be selected by the individual government departments. Successful applicants will be notified by NSERC or by the interested government department. Approximately three months after receipt of a complete application, departments may request additional information (e.g., interviews) before offering a fellowship.
Value of Award: $53,077 per year
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): Canada
- You must have received a doctoral degree in the natural sciences or engineering from a recognized university within the past five years. Your application will be accepted if you are currently enrolled in a doctoral program at a recognized university; however, you must expect to complete all requirements for your degree (including the thesis defence) within six months of submitting your application.
- If you have withdrawn from the workforce and active research for maternity leave, or to raise a child for at least one year, after you received your doctorate, NSERC will extend the eligibility period to six years.
- You can apply only twice for a Visiting Fellowship in Canadian Government Laboratories.
You will not be allowed to take up your award until confirmation of completion of degree requirements is received. You may hold only one Visiting Fellowship.
There are no restrictions on the nationality of applicants, but awards are subject to a citizenship quota: two-thirds of awards must be made to Canadian citizens or permanent residents. Successful candidates who are not Canadians or permanent residents of Canada must satisfy Canadian immigration requirements.
How to Apply:
- Form 200 – Application for an Industrial Postgraduate Scholarship, an Industrial R&D Fellowship or a Visiting Fellowship in Canadian Government Laboratories
- Terms and Conditions of Applying Form (form-fillable)
To complete the Terms and Conditions of Applying Form, select the link above.
Application Deadline: Rolling
Applications to the Visiting Fellowships in Canadian Government Laboratories Program will not be accepted after January 9, 2018.