The new Arabic Scholarships are on offer to study nine-month language training programme on Arabic culture (literature, humanities or social sciences) financed by the MENESR. Students from Arab Countries are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
The programme is designed for Arab-speaking students and intends to ensure linguistic training who want to become researchers working on Arabic culture and/or teachings of the Arabic language.
The Embassy of France in Nigeria and Campus France is committed to increasing Nigerian students’ mobility to France. French Embassy, has a double mission: to promote French language and francophone cultures, to relay information on franco-Nigerian cooperation. The Embassy’s main aim is to give future France alumni the keys to becoming a complete success story in France and everywhere. The French embassy is one of 166 foreign representations in Nigeria, and one of 106 foreign representations in Abuja.
Course Level: This is a nine-month language training scholarship programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to support research on Arabic culture (literature, humanities or social sciences).
Scholarship Award: The management of these scholarships has been entrusted to the Excellence programs department of the Department of External and Institutional Relations of Campus France.
Scholarship can be taken in Egypt, Cairo, Lebanon, Beirut / Jordan, Amman, Tunisia, Tunis
- The monthly grant of 600 Euros(for a period of 9 months) paid into an account in France,
- Insurance covering medical cover abroad, including assistance and repatriation. It is imperative that the student is affiliated to social security in France.
- Campus France will pay the tuition fees to the language training center abroad.
- Travel expenses shall be borne by the person concerned.
Number of Scholarships: 20 to 30 fellowships are offered for nine-month language training in three French centres in the Arab world, providing language training for further development and deepening in the Arabic language.
Eligibility: The program is offered to Arab students:
- Intending to pursue research in the field of Arab studies (literature, humanities or social sciences),
- Destined for the teaching of Arabic and wishing to present the CAPES and/or Aggregation competitions,
- Preparing for the “Oriental Competition” of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development,
- Preparing for journalism, publishing and translation, working in NGOs, international expertise, business start-ups, business relations, and so on.
It is essential to note that these internships are in no way confused with a fellowship (such fellowships may be requested from French research centers in Arab countries). Candidates, even if they are otherwise researchers, will have to devote themselves to their full-time language training
Nationality: Students from Arab Countries (Egypt, Algeria, Sudan, Iraq, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Syria, Tunisia, Somalia, United Arab Emirates, Jordan, Libya, Palestine, Lebanon, Oman, Kuwait, Mauritania, Qatar, Bahrain, Djibouti, and Comoros) are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Students must be enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program offered by a French higher education institution for the year 2016-2017 and the year 2017-2018.
English language Requirements: The level of language proficiency in literary Arabic and its adequacy in relation to the training centre is requested.
How to Apply: Steps to apply:
- STEP 1: Download the application file (right click> Save as) and save it under your name on your computer.
This is an interactive PDF document (Acrobat Reader version 7 or higher).
- STEP 2: Complete your application using Acrobat Reader exclusively to the exclusion of any other software, even Acrobat PRO.
The file was designed to be filled on the computer with this software. The use of any other software, even Acrobat PRO, makes the file unusable by our services.
Each input field is represented by a blue rectangle. Click on the field corresponding to each question and then type your text or choose from the drop-down menu if necessary. You can switch from one field to another by using the “Tab” key on your keyboard. Some questions require responses that may have multiple lines. For this purpose the size of the fields is adjustable. Very important: The file should not be converted into a standard PDF. The fields must remain interactive so that the data contained in the fields can be retrieved.
- STEP 3: Submit your application in one go, no later than May 10, 2017
Use the link that your training manager has sent you.
Click on the link to go to the deposit page.
Fill in the fields.
Attach your application form (interactive PDF form format) imperatively accompanied by all the documents to be supplied (digitized in the classical PDF format).
The deposit must be made in one go.
You are invited to deposit your file in advance to avoid technical hazards that compromise the filing of your application within the deadlines.
- STEP 4: Confirmation of deposit.
Upon confirmation, the training manager and the candidate will automatically receive an acknowledgement of receipt by e-mail. If this is not the case, please contact us immediately.
- STEP 5: Send 4 copies of your application file (application form + attachments) by mail to Campus France at the fallowing address:
Service Excellence Program
Arabistir Scholarship Program
28, rue de la Grange aux Belles
75010 PARISYour 4 copies of application file must reach Campus France before Tuesday, May 15, 2017; strict limit.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is May 10, 2017.