Applications are invited at the California Legislative Black Caucus (CLBC) for the 2017 edition of CLBC Scholarship Program. The program is open to graduating high school seniors who have written the proof of college acceptance or to a freshman college students who have a 2.5+ GPA at the time of application. The Program design to assist deserving students offering financial assistance to help meet educational expenses. The winner of the scholarship will receive financial assistance for their education.
The California Legislative Black Caucus (CLBC) was formed in 1967 when African-American members of the California Legislature, under the leadership of Senator MervynDymally, joined together to address the concerns of African-Americans and other citizens of color.
- Scholarship candidates must be full-time freshman students in good academic standing at an accredited college or university.
- Graduating high school seniors with written proof of acceptance at an accredited institution of higher learning are also eligible.
- Candidates must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 to be considered for this scholarship.
How to Apply:
To be considered for the scholarship, the applicant can apply online or offline through the given link:
- Submit online application: http://blackcaucus.legislature.ca.gov/content/scholarship-application
- Download application by the given link:http://blackcaucus.legislature.ca.gov/sites/blackcaucus.legislature.ca.gov/files/CLBCScholarship2017.pdf
- Essay (included in Application)
- Recommendation Letters
- Certified Copy of Transcript
- College Acceptance Letter
The following information must be completed and returned to your CLBC Representative’s office, or if you do not belong to the district of a member of the CLBC, return to the CLBC Office at:
California Legislative Black Caucus 1020 N Street, Suite 158 Sacramento, CA 95814 Telephone: (916) 319-3868
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The California Legislative Black Caucus (CLBC)is offering financial assistance to help meet educational expenses.
The applications must be submitted or postmarked no later than Friday, June 9, 2017, by 5 p.m.
Link for More Information:
Contact your representative’s office if you have any questions