Burger King Mclamore Foundation is very happy to announce the Burger King Scholars Program. This scholarship program houses three Burger King awards namely, BURGER KING General Track, BURGER KING Employee-Based Track, and the James W. McLamore WHOPPER Scholarship. See the application procedures to get these Burger King Scholarships as a US, Canada, or Puerto Rico student.
The Scholars program helps workers, employees’ spouses or domestic partners, employees’ children, and high school seniors in the USA, Puerto Rico, and Canada in continuing their own education.
Also, Burger King Scholarship grants range from $1,000 to $50,000 and are intended to help students offset the price of attending college or post-secondary vocational/technical faculty.
So far, the Burger King Scholars Program has provided over $35 million in scholarships to more than 33,000 students.
Brief Description of Burger King Mclamore Foundation
Burger King Mclamore Foundation was established in October 2005. It is a not-for-profit 501(c) (3) charitable organization and the charitable arm of the Burger King system
Over the years, the Burger King Mclamore Foundation, with Burger King Corporation employees, franchisees, suppliers and guests, has been able to make a positive impact on the communities in which they work and live.
Today, the Foundation administers the Burger King Scholars program as well as the Burger King Family Fund.
The Burger King Mclamore scholarship is intended for high school students, workers, employees or their spouse intending to get into a college for undergraduate studies.
Burger King Mclamore for High School Students is to be hosted in the United States. If you are an international student and you desire to study in the United States, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in the United States of America
The Burger King Scholarship is available to all U.S citizens. Read also if you wish to study outside your country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The McLemore Family Foundation is currently awarding cash that amounts to $50,000 for scholarships.
The number of offers in Burger King Mclamore scholarship is about three in each academic year.
Burger King General Track Eligibility
This Burger King scholarship is available to all qualified high school seniors. However, to qualify for this Burger King scholarship, you’ll have to meet the following requirements:
- Be living in the United States, Canada or Puerto Rico to qualify for the Burger King Scholarship
- Be a graduating high school senior (for the U.S. and Puerto Rico), graduating from grade 12 (for Canada), or graduating from home school education in the U.S., Puerto Rico or Canada
- Have a cumulative high school grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent
- Plan to enroll full-time, without interruption, for the entire 2019-20 academic year at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school in the U.S., Canada, or Puerto Rico.
Burger King Employee-Based Track Eligibility
This Burger King Scholarship by the Mclamore Foundation has two categories. They are:
Burger King Employees Pursuing Traditional Postsecondary Education
To qualify for the Burger King Scholars Program as an employee, spouse or domestic partner of employees, and dependent children of employees pursuing a traditional postsecondary education must meet the criteria below.
You must be:
- Living in the United States, Canada or Puerto Rico to qualify for the Burger King Scholarships.
- An employee of Burger King Corporation or a participating BURGER KING franchisee (Franchisees) OR
- A spouse (unless legally separated) or domestic partner of an employee of Burger King Corporation or Franchisees OR
- A dependent child of an employee of Burger King Corporation or Franchisees (Designated Employer) AND
- Graduating high school seniors (for the U.S. and Puerto Rico), or may have attained a GED. Also, you may be graduating from grade 12 (Canada) or graduating from home school education in the U.S., Puerto Rico or Canada. You may also be current college undergraduates or graduate-level students in the U.S., Puerto Rico or Canada
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent
- Plan to enroll for the 2019-20 academic year at an accredited two or four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school in the U.S., Canada or Puerto Rico
Burger King Employees Pursuing an Enrichment Program
To qualify for the Burger King Scholars Program as an employee and spouse or domestic partner of employees pursuing an enrichment program you must meet the criteria below.
You must be:
- Living in the United States, Canada or Puerto Rico to qualify for the Burger King scholarships
- An employee of Burger King Corporation or a participating BURGER KINGfranchisee (Franchisees) OR
- A spouse (unless legally separated) or domestic partner of an employee of Burger King Corporation or Franchisee (Designated Employer) AND
- Plan to enroll less than part-time or on an intermittent basis in GED, enrichment, certification or other courses that enhances learning. Note, however, that you must take the program or course at an accredited institution in the U.S., Canada or Puerto Rico.
James W. McLamore Whopper Scholarship Eligibility
The James W. McLamore Whopper Scholarship is a special Burger King scholarship. The Foundation will choose recipients from the Burger King Scholars pool which includes both Burger King General Track and Burger King Employee-Based Track applicants.
Thus to be eligible, you must be:
- A citizen of the United States or Canada to qualify for the Burger King Scholarship,
- A high school graduate who graduated within the previous few years, or be considered a full-time student who is a senior at a senior high school, or home school within the United States, Canada or Puerto Rico,
- Pupils who are entering as a full-time freshman to a four-year licensed, college or university that is located in the USA and can be exempt from taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code,
- Students that have a cumulative unweighted grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.3, or
- Pupils that possess a minimum ACT Composite score of 25 or even a minimum combined SAT score of 1700,
- Pupils who demonstrate an active leadership role in community services, sports, or similar co-curricular activity (for example, student administration, team sports, and fraternal living, etc); and,
- Students who exhibit substantial work experience.
For you to complete your burger King Scholarship application on some or all of the three categories, you will have to provide the Foundation some documents.
Here are the documents you may need to submit;
- A current, complete senior high school or college transcript of grades needs to be uploaded with your application. Grade reports aren’t accepted.
- Unofficial or on the web transcripts must display student name, school name, interest and credit hours for each class and duration the course was taken.
- An inventory of one’s work experiences and participation in community and school activities
- BURGER KING Employee information if your application is always to be connected with a member of staff
- When appropriate, your household’s financial details.
What are the selection criteria?
Of course, the Burger King McLamore Foundation has certain qualities they are looking for in students who will make the Burger King Scholar Program.
The Burger King McLamore Foundation will select applicants based on:
The only mode of application will be a web-based e-application. The first 50,000 submitted applications will be processed. All applicants will be required to complete the application in English, Spanish or French. Incomplete/non-submitted applications will not be processed.
Applicants will be separated into the following pools. Evaluation and selection of recipients for each pool of applicants is provided below.
- BURGER KING® General Track: consideration will be given to each applicant’s academic record (50%) and participation in school and community activities (50%)
- BURGER KING® Employee-Based Track for children of employees, spouse/domestic partner of employees, and employees pursuing a traditional postsecondary education: consideration will be given to each applicant’s academic record (50%) and participation in school and community activities (50%)
- BURGER KING® Employee-Based Track for employees or spouse/domestic partner of employees pursuing an enrichment program: consideration will be given to each applicant’s participation in school and community activities (50%), and the employee’s length of service with Designated Employer (50%)
- James W. McLamore WHOPPER® Scholarship: consideration will be given to each applicant’s academic record (50%) and participation in school and community activities and work experience (50%). Financial need will be considered
Burger King Scholarship Application Procedures
Start by clicking on the Create an Account link at the bottom of this page. You will need to create a username and password to register for a student account. You will be notified through an email validation process before an account is created for you. You must use a valid email address. The final step in creating your account is to complete the information requested in the student profile.
After your student account is created and you have provided profile information, you will have access to the application. During the application process, you will be able to leave the site by clicking on the Log Out or Save and Log Out links located on the site. In order to log in, you must enter your username and password as provided when registering for a student account.
Carefully review your application before submission. We recommend that you print a hard copy of your application to retain for your records. Printed copies of the online application should not be sent to Scholarship America or BURGER KING McLAMORE℠ Foundation.
All application pages with required fields must be completed in the format described in order to submit the application. Standard capitalization (Jill Smith, 101 Main Street, New York, NY) must be used when entering data. Once the application is submitted, no further revisions can be made.
To start the application process, hit the button below!
Application Deadline of Scholarship
Your application has to be sent digitally. Scholarships range between $1000 to $50,000 and the application form window is available from October 15th through December 15th annually. If 50,000 applications are received prior to December 1-5, the application may no longer be available.
After submission and the deadline date, students will continue to have access to their portal to view their submission, receive status updates and update profile information, but no changes or additions can be made to the application.
You can get more information about burger king scholarship, Click on the link
We Also Recommend:
For high schools students & employees at Burger King. Burger King Scholarship is now available to assist you with about $50,000 to finance your academics