Bruce Lee Foundation is delighted to invite applications for “The BLF Scholarship”. The students aged 16 years or older, attending a two-year college, four-year university, graduate school, or licensed trade and vocational school within the U.S. in the fall of 2017, are eligible to apply. The scholarship program provides financial support to students pursuing a higher education who understand, appreciate, and exemplify Bruce Lee’s passion for education, self-actualization, and honest self-expression. The scholarship will fund (1) $10,000 scholarship as well as (4) $2,500 awards to the winning candidates.
Founded in 2002 by linda lee cadwell and shannon lee, The Bruce Lee Foundation was formed with a vision to share the art and philosophy of bruce lee with the world for generations to come. Bruce lee lived a life of purpose. His example provides a vehicle for people to embrace their uniqueness and discover their limitless potential.
All scholarship applicants must be:
- Be a student aged 16 years or older (there is no maximum age limit).
- Be attending or will be attending a 2-year college, 4-year university, graduate school, or licensed trade and vocational school within the United States, in the fall of 2017.
- Demonstrate a financial need for the scholarship.
- Demonstrate personal drive.
- Have work experience and/or demonstrate service within their community.
- Have knowledge of and/or identify with Bruce Lee and his philosophy.
- Junior Giants students will also be considered for the major and minor scholarships, respectively. International students may apply, as long as they can show a current study VISA, or similar.
How to Apply:
If you interested to be applying for the scholarship program you can download the application form through the given link: https://bruceleefoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/BLF_ScholarshipApp_2017_Final.pdf
Applicants must submit the following by 5:00 pm US PT on Friday, June 9th, 2017 via email to scholarships-at-bruceleefoundation.org.
- Completed Scholarship Application and answers to Questions 1 – 11
- Two (2) letters of recommendation written within the last six months.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- 1 x Major $10,000 (USD) Scholarship.
- 4 x Minor $2,500 (USD) Scholarships.
- 1 x $2,500 (USD) Junior Giants Scholarship (Junior Giants Students Only).
Applications are open 9 am Pacific, Tuesday, April 11th, 2017 and close 5 pm Pacific, Friday, June 9, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any query you can online contact at bruceleefoundation.org/scholarships.