The Broadcast Education Association (BEA) is delighted to invited applications for the BEA Administers Scholarships to honor broadcasters and the entire electronic media profession. These programs are open to all juniors, seniors and graduate students who are enrolled in a BEA 2-Yearat BEA member institutions or graduates who are enrolled in a BEA 4-Year institution. Scholarships will be awarded for full-time degree work for the full academic year. The BEA will be awarded $27,000 award in their seven (7) scholarships. Scholarships must be used exclusively for tuition, student fees, university bookstore course purchases, dormitory and related items eligible to be charged to a student’s official campus account.
The Broadcast Education Association (BEA) was established in 1955, initially as the Association for Professional Broadcast Education, but the current name was adopted in 1973. The BEA is the premier international academic media organization, driving insights, excellence in media production, and career advancement for educators, students, and professionals.
- Students who are enrolled in a BEA 2-Year member institution or graduates of these programs now enrolled in a BEA 4-Year institution.
- All juniors, seniors and graduate students at BEA member institutions are eligible to apply.
- Current scholarship holders are not eligible to reapply in the year following their award.
- All scholarships must be applied to study at a campus where at least one department is a BEA institutional member.
- The BEA Two Year Award is for study at member schools offering only freshman and sophomore instruction, or for use at a four-year member school by a graduate of a BEA two-year campus.
- All other scholarships are awarded to juniors, seniors and graduate students attending BEA Member institutions.
How to Apply:
To apply for one of the BEA administered scholarships, the applicant can download online writable PDF forms go through the given link: http://www.beaweb.org/pdfs/ScholarshipForm1.pdf
The online writable PDF forms ask all the following:
- Personal and academic data
- Broadcast and other experience
- A written statement of your career goals in no more than 250 words
- Supportive statements from two references, one of which must be an electronic media faculty member.
Submit four (4) copies of your complete form [Each copy should include, in order: typed application form, transcript(s) from all collegiate institutions, two letters of recommendations, and thesis or dissertation proposal abstract If applying for the LAB Scholarship] directly to:
Dr. Peter B. Orlik
BEA Scholarship Committee Chair
613 Kane Street
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858
Financial Aid and Award Money:
$27,000 Scholarships In Broadcasting & Electronic Media available as the following:
- Abe Voron Award: Three scholarships of $3,000 each to Study toward a career in RADIO- Sponsored by the Abe Voron Committee
- JOHN BAYLISS SCHOLARSHIP AWARD: One scholarship of $2,500 to study toward a career in Radio – Sponsored by the John Bayliss Foundation
- BEA Founders Award: Two scholarships of $1,500 each to study any electronic media area. Preference is given to students enrolled in a BEA 2-Year member institution or graduates of these programs now enrolled in a BEA 4-Year institution – Sponsored by
- BEA Vincent T. Wasilewski Award: One scholarship of $4,000 to graduate students only. Study any electronic media area – Sponsored by Patrick Communications, LLC
- Library Of American Broadcasting Foundation Award: One scholarship of $3,000 to graduate students with a demonstrated research interest in broadcast history – Sponsored by the Library of American Broadcasting Foundation
- Richard Eaton Foundation Award: One scholarship of $2,500 tostudy any electronic media area – Sponsored by the Richard Eaton Foundation
- Peter B. Orlik Scholarship Award: One scholarship of $3,000 to study any electronic media area – Sponsored by the BEA Peter B. Orlik Scholarship Endowment
Deadline for submitting forms & materials by close of business on October 11, 2017.
Link for More Information:
Questions regarding the scholarship can be directed email to Dr. Orlik directly at orlik1pb-at-cmich.edu.