British Council National Postgraduate Scholarship for Tanzania
The scheme offers eight scholarships for Tanzanian students to support them in the completion of postgraduate education at selected Tanzanian Higher Education Institutions covering 15 energy-sector related Engineering courses relevant for the development of Tanzaniaís natural gas sector. It is funded by BG Tanzania and administered by British Council Tanzania.
- Tanzanian nationals who are able to meet the relevant course entry requirements and can demonstrate their ability to successfully complete their chosen studies.
- Applicants should not have a Master’s degree.
Scholarship Awards are granted for full-time courses starting in September/October 2015, and will cover the full period of study for the respective courses, i.e. either 18 or 24 months, depending on the course.
Awards cover (1) academic tuition fees, (2) research costs, and (3) direct student costs, including accommodation, living allowance etc., as agreed with each of the respective Higher Education Institutions.
Applicants should note that the Awards may not cover all costs associated with their studies and that they may require additional funding (private or from other third parties).
- The emerging natural gas and wider energy sector will offer attractive employment opportunities through a competitive application process for Tanzanian citizens with the relevant technical and professional skills.
- Beneficiaries will be better equipped to access potential employment opportunities with energy companies and other companies participating in the sector’s supply chain.
- Some beneficiaries may have the potential to apply to the BG Tanzania Graduate Programme or other corporate training schemes.
Eligible courses and universities
- MSc in Construction Economics and Management
- MSc in Environmental Technology and Management
- MSc in Geomatics
Dar es Salaam Institute of Technology
- Master of Engineering in Maintenance Management
Nelson Mandela African Institute of Science and Technology
- MSc Environmental Science and Engineering
- MSc Material Science and Engineering
- MSc Sustainable Energy Science and Engineering
University of Dar es Salaam
- MSc Structural Engineering
- MSc Construction Management
- MSc Production Engineering
- MSc Energy Engineering
- MSc Engineering Management
- MSc Power Electronics and Electrical Drives
University of Dodoma
- MSc in Geology
- MSc in Petroleum Geosciences
How To Apply;
- Step 1: University admission:
Interested applicants first need to apply for a place on an eligible course at one of the five participating universities
- Step 2: Download application:
Once you have received an offer from a participating university on an eligible course you can apply for the scheme by downloading the application form
- Step 3: Application submission:
Submit your completed scholarship application pack to the British Council Tanzania through post office as per below postal address:
Higher Education and Scholarships
Programs and Projects
Samora Avenue/Ohio Street,
P.O. Box 9100
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Application for 2015-2016 is closed. For applicants who have been interviewed, please check your email for the status of your application.
Higher Education and Scholarships
T: +255 22 2165 300
(for scholarship inquiries only)
1st Floor, Kilwa House
Plot 369 Toure Drive Oysterbay
P.O Box 105833
Dar es Salaam
Tel: +255 (0) 222 218300