British Council International Language and Development Conference 2017 Dakar, Senegal : Call for Papers
Submission Deadline: May 19th 2017
- Multilingualism for Quality, Equitable and Inclusive Education
- Language, Skills and Sustainable Economic Growth
- Communication, Peace and Justice
- It is expected that up to 300 speakers and delegates will participate in the conference, coming from Senegal, other African countries and around the world.
- The conference will bring together policy makers, development professionals, the NGO sector, private sector, artists and creative industry representatives, researchers, and all those with a perspective on and experience in the role of language in society.
- Proposals for papers and other types of presentation should be submitted in either English or French on the proposal form and sent to LDC2017@britishcouncil.sn by 19th May 2017.
- Proposal forms will be available at www.britishcouncil.com.sn/en/programmes/language-development-conference-2017 Potential presenters must submit:
- An abstract of your presentation of up to 300 words
- A short biography of the presenter (or presenters) of up to 50 words
- If appropriate, indicate whether the abstract is based on ongoing or completed research
- Ensure that the context of your abstract is clear, such as the country or region of focus, the level of education addressed, the type of research etc.
- We encourage authors to have their abstract proof-read before submission.
- Please avoid using an overly long title for your presentation.
- The selection of proposals will be made by the Conference Programme Committee.
- In order to be considered for selection in the conference programme, proposals must meet the following criteria:
- Relevance, showing a clear link to the central conference theme and chosen sub-theme
- Clarity, coherence and organisation
- Potential for audience interaction/involvement.
- Conference Programme
- English and French will be used throughout the conference.
- Proposals can be submitted in either of the conference languages, and speakers must specify their preferred language for delivery of the session.
- Ideally, presentations should be made in one of the two conference languages, and their visual support (PowerPoint slides or handout) in both conference languages.
- If presenters choose to deliver in a language other than English or French, the organisers will make every effort to find an interpreter.
- An edited selection of the most significant plenary and parallel presentations will be published by the British Council in 2018. It will join the comprehensive publications from the eleven previous conferences which are available for download from the websites of the Language and Development Conferences ( www.langdevconferences.org)
- Deadline for submissions: 19th May 2017
- Notification of acceptance will be communicated by: 30th June 2017
- Deadline for presenters to register and confirm their participation : 22 nd September 2017
- The conference: 27th – 29th November 2017
For More Information: