SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. It is on the ground in six continents and over 100 countries, bringing international opportunity to life, every day
Offers can be used for any non-degree study of your own choice, at any mainland Chinese university.
Field of study:
Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- The scholarship should cover all your basic living needs while you are on the programme.
- Accommodation at the university.
- Tuition fee allowance of 30,000 RMB a year or less.
- A monthly living stipend of 3,000 RMB.
- You’ll need to cover the costs of flights (GBP 400-700) and arrange the necessary visas, travel and medical insurance, and vaccinations.
To be taken in(Country):
There are five scholarships available.
UK students are eligible to apply.
Scholarships are available to anyone who is:
- 18 years and above.
- A British passport holder (or a British or Irish passport holder if you are domiciled in Northern Ireland).
- A full-time student in a UK university or a recent graduate (applying within one year of your graduation date).
- On track to receive or have achieve a 2:1 grade at the university.
- Students already holding offers from Chinese universities can also apply.
- There are no language eligibility requirements for this programme.
29th April 2018
Please send the following documents to CSC:
- Printed British Council scholarship application form
- Printed CSC application form
- Certificates of your highest qualification (e.g., degree or A-level certificates)
- Most recent academic transcript (or degree certificate)
- Two academic references (referees should be from your current university)
- A personal statement/study plan (500 words)
Two photocopies of each document above should be sent to CSC at the address below by 29 April, 2018.
How to Apply:
Please follow the steps below to make an application to this programme:
- Complete a British Council Scholarship application form online.
- Register an account with CSC. The CSC application portal will be active from 21 March. In the meantime, please begin preparing your supporting documents. Once registered on the portal, log in and read the instructions on the homepage.
- Choose the category of the scholarship and fill in the agency number. For the British Council China Scholarship, the scholarship category is A and the agency number is 8264.
- Fill out all details on the application form, ensuring all information is accurate. Scan and upload copies of the supporting documents.
- When you have completed the application form, preview it and submit the form online.
- Print two copies of the application form.
- Prepare two copies of the application form and supporting documents. Send the full package of application documents to CSC by post.