Journalists are now been invited for the British Council Future News Worldwide Conference in Scotland for Journalists 2018, Only eligible persons will be considered for this program.
Future News Worldwide is a partnership programme between the British Council and some of the world’s leading media organisations which identifies, trains and connects the next generation of global journalists.
British Council are looking for 100 of the world’s most talented, motivated and passionate student journalists to attend an intensive media training programme in the Scottish Parliament, Edinburgh, on 5 – 6 July 2018.
To be Taken in :UK
Eligible countries: All
If you’re a student who’s passionate about journalism then we want to hear from you! Whether you’re a writer, blogger, vlogger, photographer, radio journalist or work in any other kind of media you can apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2018 as long as you meet the eligibility requirements below.
To apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2018 you must be:
- Aged 18-25 on 1 July 2018
- A registered student, enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate course (of any subject) at a university or higher education institution
- A native speaker of English OR be able to speak English at IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent (a formal qualification is not required, just the ability to speak at this level)
- Not have participated in a previous iteration of Future News Worldwide or Future NEWS
- Dedicated to a career in journalism, in any form
- Available to travel to and from the UK on any date between 2 – 8 July 2018
PLEASE NOTE: if you are shortlisted for a place at the conference you will be required to provide evidence of eligibility (identity, age, student status and English language ability).
- Travel to and from local airport to Edinburgh for the dates of them Conference
- The cost of one Standard Service visa application (if required)
- Catering on the following basis:
- Winners must be available to travel to and from the UK on any date between 2–8 July 2018.
- Travel and accommodation will be booked by an appointed British Council contact who will determine the date, time and method of transport and the number of nights’ accommodation required.
- The British Council will endeavour to take winners preferred travel options into consideration but makes no guarantees regarding this.
- Winning participants must attendvall days of the Conferenceandpartake in all programmed activitiesunless by prior agreement with the British Council.
- All answers must be submitted via the online application form. If you experience any technical difficulties please contact us: FutureNewsWorldwide@britishcouncil.org.
- Important! Please ensure you read and understand the Terms and Conditions and Competition Rules (below) before starting your application.
- Each winning participant will be notified by 30 April 2018.
- This notification will be made to the email address provided by the participant when registering for the Competition in accordance with section 4 of these Competition Rules
Application Deadline: 23:59 (GMT) 28 February 2018.
For More Information: