The British Council in conjunction with FutureLearn is delighted to Launch an Free interactive online course. This covers courses on ‘Understanding IELTS: Techniques for English Language Tests’ like no other. The Course is designed for non-native English Speakers coming into UK to live, around intermediate Level (approximately B1 in the CEFR) or above.
Over six weeks, the course focuses on the IELTS test (International English Language Testing System). The course will start on October 2, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 2 hours pw
Institution: British Council and Future Learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on October 2, 2017
British Council and FutureLearn are providing this online course on English language. The British Council’s high profile work in English, the Arts and Education & Society helps hundreds of millions of people worldwide to learn about and experience creativity and excellence from the UK. Millions of talented people of all ages – but particularly younger people – engage face-to-face and online learning English, developing new skills, experiencing life and study in the UK and earning UK qualifications.
FutureLearn offers a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
By the end of the Understanding IELTS course, applicants will:
- Be familiar with all parts of the IELTS test
- Have some useful tips to help you achieve your IELTS goals
- Understand how the IELTS test is assessed
- Have an opportunity to have your written and spoken English assessed by other learners.
The course is aimed at non-native English speakers at around intermediate level (approximately B1 on the CEFR) or above.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).