Are you searching for details about the Botswana defence force recruit in 2020? Do you wish to become a member of the renowned Botswana defence force (BDF)? If yes, we urge you to take your time as you read through this article.
This article has been carefully written to answer all questions about the Botswana defence force recruit.
We have cover areas like Botswana Defence Force Ranks and Salaries, Botswana Defence Force Officer Cadets, Botswana Defence Force Training, Botswana Defence Force 2020 Intake list and Botswana Defence Force Officer Cadets 2020.
Brief History about BDF
The Botswana Defence force was established in the year 1977 under an act in the Parliament tagged ‘BDF Act No. 13 of 1977”. The defence force was created after a decade of the country’s independence year on September 30, 1966.
BDF ranks among the best defence force in the African continent. Drawn eulogies and admirations from around the world for boasting a solid defence force despite being a homegrown force.
The defence force was formed from the Police Mobile Unit (PMU) in 1977 and since then, the force has undergone series of transformations to become a solid unit capable of protecting the country from foreign invasion.
Botswana defence force 2020 intake list
In 2018, the Botswana Defence Force recruited interested Botswana citizens who applied for the year 2018 BDF applications. These candidates were selected from a long list of applicants who competed for positions at BDF.
Botswana defence force ranks and salaries
The BDF salary structure was reviewed recently and this led to unrest among the soldiers due to the promotion of some diploma holders and increase in their salary while other soldiers who have served in the same capacity with these soldiers were not promoted and their salary remained the same.
The Botswana defence force ranks and salaries are as follows;
- Certificate holders (B2) earn P3,372 – P4,044 per month
- C2 level earn P8,041 – P9,237 per month
- The lowest entry earns the B3 salary scale which is P2,808-3,358
- Diploma holders (C4/C3)earn P6,232-P7,448
- Diploma holders (D3 scale) P14,788-P16,326
Botswana defence force recruit
Applicants who wish to become members of the BDF are required to meet certain eligibility criteria. Some of the criteria which you must meet to be elected at the BDF include;
- Must be citizens of Botswana and must fall within the age group of 18 – 24.
- You must be in stable health condition.
- Have a clean criminal record.
- If you are applying for the position of officer cadets, you must possess a degree.
- For Privates, you must not have less than 30 points in BGCSE and a post Secondary school certificate.
Botswana defence force officer cadets
The Defence Force recruits both private and officer cadets who undergo different kinds of training. The privates undergo a 6months period of training while the office cadets are subjected to a 12months period of training.
Botswana defence force training
During the BDF training exercise, cadets are subjected to basic military training where they are taught the core values of BDF.
The privates undergo their training at the Pandamatenga Training Camp while Officer Cadets do theirs at the Paje Officer Academy.
At the end of the military training, successful trainees will be sent to different units within the Botswana Defence Force for specialization training. These units include combative and non-combative units.
Under the combat units, officers receive training on the rudiments of handling military equipment as well as defending themselves against and non-combat units entail technical training.
Once you meet the recruitment requirements, you will become a member of the Botswana Defence Force.
Official Application Website
- OWSD PhD Fellowships for Women from Developing Countries
- 25 Undergraduate Scholarships for Botswana students
- 15+ Canadian Scholarships for Botswana Students
- 17 UK Scholarships for Botswana Students | APPLY NOW
- 17 PhD Scholarships for Botswana Students
- Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation in Sub-Saharan Africa