The U.S Department of Agriculture is accepting applications from researchers for the Borlaug Fellowship Program in Developing Countries 2020.
The Borlaug Fellowship basically promotes food security and economic growth by providing training and research opportunities to fellows from developing and middle-income countries.
Hence, you will find all the necessary information you need to know below in order to participate in this great program.
Hurry and apply!!!
Why the Borlaug Fellowship Program?
The Borlaug International Agricultural Science and Technology Fellowship Program promotes food security and economic growth by providing educational opportunities and collaborative research opportunities for scholars from developing and middle-income countries.
Borlaug Fellows are typically scientists, researchers, or policymakers who are in the early or middle stages of their careers. Each colleague usually works individually with a mentor at a university, research center or US government agency for 8 to 12 weeks. The US mentor will later visit the fellowship’s home institution to continue the collaboration. Fellows can also attend specialized conferences and events in their field, for example. The World Symposium of the World Food Prize.
The Borlaug Scholarship Program honors Norman E. Borlaug, an American agronomist, humanitarian and Nobel laureate known as the “Father of the Green Revolution.” Since the program’s launch in 2004, about 800 fellows from 64 countries have participated in research and training activities covering a wide range of topics related to agriculture, including agronomy, veterinary science, nutrition, food safety, health and crop protection, management agricultural biotechnology, agricultural economics and agricultural policy.
By improving participants’ understanding of agricultural science, the program contributes to the promotion of a science-based trade policy that enhances international market access to US agricultural products.
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. Read through for eligibility on how to get our scholarship ebook for free.
Don’t miss any of these Scholarship opportunities. You can open any of these opportunities on a new tab
Level/Field of Study
Borlaug Fellowships cover research programs in the Field of Agriculture.
Borlaug Cocoa Research Fellowships can be taken in any of the following countries.
Africa and the Middle East, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Liberia, East Asia and the Pacific, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam, Western Hemisphere, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago.
These Fellowships are available for the following countries.
Africa and Middle East, Algeria, Burkina Faso, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Jordan, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, East Asia and the Pacific, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mongolia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Europe and Eurasia, Georgia, Turkey, Ukraine, South and Central Asia, Bangladesh, India, Kazakhstan, Sri Lanka, Western Hemisphere, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru
The Borlaug Global Cocoa Initiative Fellowship offers training opportunities in specific topics focused on Crop breeding, integrated pest management, and post-harvest management. The U.S. mentor will later visit the fellow’s home institution to continue collaboration
Eligibility for Borlaug Fellowships 2020
To be considered for the Borlaug Fellowship Program, candidates must:
- Be citizens of an eligible country
- Be fluent in English
- Have completed a Master’s or higher degree
- Be in the early or middle stage of their career, with at least two (but not more than 10) years of practical experience
- Be employed by a university, government agency or research entity in their home country
- Demonstrate their intention to continue working in their home country after completing the fellowship
How to Apply for Borlaug Cocoa Research Fellowships 2020
Candidates must apply via the online application system. The following information will be required:
- Completed application form
- 2-3 page program proposal and action plan
- Signed approval from the applicant’s home institution
- Two letters of recommendation
- An official copy of the transcript for college/university degree(s) received
- Copy of passport identification page
Borlaug Cocoa Research Fellowships 2020 Application Deadline
Borlaug Fellowships application deadline is on 31st December 2020
- 500 MBA Scholarships for International Students
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Pakistan Students
- Low Tuition Universities in South Africa [UPDATED]
- Ongoing: List of Singapore Scholarships – Apply
- Free Scholarships for Ethiopian Students [UPDATED]
- Fully Funded Scholarship Programme for ASEAN Students
- Chongqing University Scholarships for ASEAN Students in China
- Danish Government Cultural Agreement Scholarships for International Students
- Common Data Access Scholarship in UK
- De Beers Bursary in South Africa
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
World Scholarship Forum