SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The University of Liverpool is proud to call for applications for an International PhD Scholarships at the Institute of Integrative Biology. The scholarships award covers tuition fees and research costs for PhD study.
The Institute of Integrative Biology lies at the heart of a thriving biomedical science campus in Liverpool. Based primarily in the Biosciences Building with additional sites at Leahurst and Ness Gardens, we provide one of the most vibrant and integrated biosciences environments in the UK.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are available for projects within the Institute’s four flagship research themes:
Theme: Adaptation to Environmental Change
- Food Resilience by Aquaponics.
- When does genetic diversity matter? The conservation of genetic biodiversity in a changing world.
- The role of the environment in affecting the rates of horizontal gene transfer.
Theme: Dynamics and Management of Host-Microbe Interactions
- Understanding the role of the accessory genome in the African epidemic of non-typhoidal Salmonella disease.
- Advanced bioinformatics methods to better understand protein function.
Theme: Molecular Basis of Therapeutic Targeting
- How do muscle stem cells maintain and regenerate muscles?
- Analysis of heparin binding proteins and the supramolecular structure of extracellular matrix.
Theme: From Genomes to Biological Systems
- Exploiting advanced methods for protein structure prediction.
- Modularity and Synthetic Engineering of carbon-fixing organelles.
- Bioinformatic analysis of the liver fluke Fasciola hepatica.
Scholarship Award: The scholarships cover tuition fees and research costs for PhD study. If successful, you will also receive a one-off sum of £1,000 when you begin your studies.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility:Applicants must meet the following area for these scholarships:
- Applications are open to international students who plan to begin their PhD at the University in October 2017 with the Institute.
- Students must already have secured funding for their living costs for the duration of their studies.
Nationality: International students can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have master’s degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applicants should apply online for Full-Time PhD Biological Sciences, 2017-18, and state under ‘Funding’ that they wish to be considered for an Institute of Integrative Biology International Scholarship. Prospective applicants are encouraged to contact supervisors before applying for a scholarship.
Application Deadline: Contact Employer