The Berkeley Graduate Division at the Berkeley University of California is inviting applications for the Graduate Division Student Parent Grant. The grant program is available for graduate students (single, married, or registered domestic partners) living with dependent children.
The goal of Berkeley Graduate is to inform and inspire graduate students by connecting them to a campus-wide community online.The Graduate Division will be awarded grant awards of up to $11,000 per year ($5,500 per academic term) will be made to eligible applicants.Grants may be applied toward housing and living expenses, dependent health insurance, child care, and/or tuition.
The University of California was founded in 1868, is a public research university located in Berkeley, California. The Graduate Division oversees graduate admissions, fellowships, grants, academic employment, preparation for teaching, mentoring activities, professional development, academic progress, and degree milestones.
To be eligible, a graduate student must:
- The program is for U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and AB540-eligible students only, as international student parents are eligible for a separate program
- Live with at least one dependent child, who is under the age of 18 at the start of the term
- Be making satisfactory progress in his or her academic program
- Be no more than two years past “normative time to degree” in 2017-2018, and – Remain fully registered during each term of funding
- International students are not eligible, nor are students in self-supporting programs (MPA, MFE, LLM, Evening & Weekend MBA, Berkeley-Haas Executive MBA, On-Campus/Online Professional MPH, Part-time MEng, MAS-IC, and MIDS).
- Students in self-supporting programs are not eligible.
How to Apply:
To apply for the grant, the applicant can submit online application by creating an account through the given link: http://tango.berkeley.edu/
File a 2017-2018 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and demonstrate financial need- Submit your FAFSA: https://fafsa.ed.gov/
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The Berkeley Graduate Division provides up to $11,000 per year to students living with dependent children.Grants may be applied toward housing and living expenses, dependent health insurance, child care, and/or tuition.
- The deadline for the 2017-2018 Student Parent Grant is July 17, 2017. Notifications will be made by mid-August.
- Parents who apply after the deadline may still submit applications, with prorated grants awarded as funding permits.
Link for More Information: