The Flemish Department of Education and Training offers the Government of Flanders Priority Country Scholarship Programme for African/International Students scholarships for the academic year 2020 under the new Priority Country Programme.
The aim of this programme is to promote the exchange of students between Belgium/Flanders and the following priority countries listed below.
Brief Description: Government of Flanders Priority Country Scholarship Programme for African/International Students
The Priority Country Programme is preferably for exchange projects, which will start from August and end before September 2020 to avoid duplication of the implementation period of exchange projects selected by the Transition Fellowship Programme.
The selection for the Priority Country Programme is made only once a year. In this respect, those who are planning to exchange in the Spring Semester of 2020.
It is estimated that 80 to 120 students can benefit from the program on a yearly basis.
What Are The Benefits Of The Government of Flanders Priority Country Scholarship Programme for African/International Students?
These opportunities have a value that includes:
- For short exchanges, the fellowship amounts to €650,- per month for the Flemish and €800,- per month for the international student.
- The students receive a supplementary reimbursement for travel expenses, according to the following rules in the link below.
The number of offers differs according to the different scholarships.
Who Can Apply For The Government of Flanders Priority Country Scholarship Programme for African/International Students? | Eligibility
Due to the unique nature of this program, in order to be eligible, the exchange project needs to fulfil all five requirements below:
- A higher education institution in Belgium/Flanders (home institution) and an educational institution in Brazil, Chile, Japan, Mexico, Morocco, Russia, South Africa, Turkey or the United States of America (host institution) have established an academic cooperation agreement or have the intention to set up a new cooperation agreement.
- The Flemish higher education institution, as well as the partner from Brazil, Chile, Japan, Mexico, Morocco, Russia, South Africa, Turkey or the United States of America, cannot ask tuition fees to the students for the exchanges.
- The Flemish home institution has selected a Flemish student enrolled at the home institution to send to the host institution, and such selection has been accepted by the host institution. A Flemish student is defined as a student from any nationality, subscribed full-time in a Flemish Higher Education Institution.
- In case of a duo-project, the same host institution has selected a student enrolled at the host institution to send to the Flemish home institution, and such selection has been accepted by the same Flemish home institution.
- If the Flemish student has already started the exchange, or the international student has already stayed in Belgium/Flanders before the application period of the Priority Country Programme 2020, the application is not accepted.
Level/Field of Study
The scholarships are available for pursuing a Masters program in the field of all study areas. Many forms of mobility are accepted under the Priority Country Programme: both short mobility of one, two or three months, or long mobility of one semester up to a period of maximum one year, both for study or internship:
- Brazil, Chile, Japan, Mexico, Morocco, Russia, South Africa, or the United States of America: fellowships for students in both directions, both short and long mobility.
- Turkey: fellowships for students in both directions, short mobility only: duration of mobility is restricted to one month for internship and two months for study.
The scholarship is hosted by the various universities in Belgium which includes
- KU Leuven / University of Leuven
- University of Antwerp
- Ghent University
- Hasselt University
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel
University colleges (Arts and Nautical Sciences)
- Antwerp Maritime Academy
- Artesis Plantijn University College Antwerp
- Artevelde University College Ghent
- Erasmus University College Brussels
- Howest, University College West Flanders
- Karel de Grote University College
- LUCA School of Arts
- Odisee University College
- PXL University College
- Thomas More University College
- UC Leuven-Limburg
- VIVES University College
- University College Ghent
The scholarship is open to international students from Brazil, Chile, Japan, Mexico, Morocco, Russia, South Africa, Turkey and the United States of America.
Application Procedure For The Government of Flanders Priority Country Scholarship Programme for African/International Students
Documents to be uploaded for the Government of Flanders Priority Country Scholarship Programme for African and International Students 2020:
1. Motivation letter of the applicant (maximum two A4 pages).
2. Applicant Learning or Training agreement.
3. Official Transcript of records.
4. Letter of recommendation from a professor or lecturer of your home institution.
5. Copy of Cooperation Agreement (or Memorandum of Understanding for cooperation) between paired institutions, by e-mail with scanned files OR declaration of intention to set up new cooperation agreement, signed by Head of Flemish higher education institution, signed by both parties.
6. Copy of international passport of (paired) applicants by e-mail with scanned files.
All documents are to be written in English, with the exception of the official transcript of records.
If the Transcript of Records written in another language than Dutch, French or English, enclose a certified translation.
International students meet all academic entrance criteria, including relevant language requirements, for entering the study programme in the Flemish host institution.
The application needs to be submitted through Mobility-Online Flanders: https://www.service4mobility.com/europe/LoginServlet
The scholarship is done March Annually. The deadline falls on 1 April annually.
Below is the Scholarship timeline:
Launch of the call
Deadline for application
Announcement of selection results
Hurry and apply for the Government of Flanders Priority Country Scholarship Programme for African and International Students 2020 through the links provided.
- Fully Funded: Hertz PhD Fellowship for U.S Students
- Top 5 States in the USA for Higher Education
- SFI Funded Bioinformatics PhD Studentship in Ireland
- Zelus Recovery Scholarship
- Best Rated Tuition Free Universities for Masters Degree
- Top 10 Best Colleges In Florida For Biology
- Best Medical Colleges in London their Tuition Fees and Courses offered
- Michael Joseph Mcenery Memorial-UCC PhD Scholarships in Ireland
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if no, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.