Scholarship For BDS In India 2019-2020
The Indian Dental Association(IDA) is offering the IDA Colgate Scholarship to support dental students in India. Applicants must be undergraduate students of Bachelor of Dental Surgery(BDS) and IDA groups.
IDA & Colgate ensure to recognize and reward BDS students for their excellent achievement in academics. This Scholarship for BDS students in India is an award as well as an encouragement to the top 3 excellent students
Three BDS Scholarship of 2500, 1500 and 1000 are awarded each year to the best students who have obtained the highest total score of the academic year.
Level/Field of Study
This IDA Colgate Scholarship is a scholarship for BDS students and is awarded in the dental field.
The Indian Dental Association(IDA) had an agreement with Colgate about 40 years ago to state the IDA-Colgate Merit Awards with the intention of promoting dental education and clinical research.
The IDA-Colgate Scholarship is a scholarship for BDS students in India.
The top three ranked students for this BDS Scholarship will receive medals and certificates according to their ranks.
In addition, they will also receive 2500, 1500 and 1000 rupees.
To qualify for this IDA Colgate Scholarship, interested applicants must fulfil the following criteria:
- Applicants must be students of BDS and IDA groups.
- Students must be among the top three rank holders in the respective BDS academic years.
The following documents should be submitted:
- Attested copy of the mark sheet
- Letter from the Dean stating the student’s rank on the College letterhead.
- Applicant’s profile form.
- IDA membership ID.
Rules and Regulations for the BDS Scholarship
- The official name of the BDS Scholarship is ‘IDA-Colgate Merit Awards‘
- Merit certificates and a medal of honour will be awarded annually to the top three student members of IDA with the highest total marks in each Academic year.
- The merit award is given to only students who are IDA members.
- Only students who cleared the academic examination in the first attempt will be qualified for this award.
- In a situation where there are no deserving students, the award may not be given. However, IDA and Colgate have the final authority to decide on the grant of the award.
- The awards will be sent directly to a student winner or the Dean of the college.
- Any violation of the above rules will disqualify the student automatically.
- All documents must be sent to the IDA Head Office or Colgate for the current academic year only in the period October-December.
- No submission will be accepted after December each year.
- Documents for the previous year can’t be submitted.
For more information on this BDS Scholarship, applicants should click on the link below: